Navin Sarma

Washington, D.C., based landscape and fine art photographer

http://navinsarmaphotography.com/
  • AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    nazquel wrote: »
    colors are very nice!

i think i might have liked to see more of the foreground... just my opinion

I should of come to think of it, I should of kept my other image that did have foreground. At the time I wanted to give the feeling of being on top of the landscape. Thankyou Nazquel! :D
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    I think the colors are really nice in this one, as well as the view. However the super-duper brighting in the bottom half of this image bugs me a little, as it's very obvious it was lightened in post. It's worth seeing, that's for sure!
  • AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    I think the colors are really nice in this one, as well as the view. However the super-duper brighting in the bottom half of this image bugs me a little, as it's very obvious it was lightened in post. It's worth seeing, that's for sure!

Ah :/ I have no idea how that happened. I didn't do any heavy post production. Yeah it was a tad underexposed when I had the RAW image so maybe that was the problem when I brightened it? Erm I didn't boost the saturation or the hue too much. I really don't know how that got there headscratch.gif haha. Ah well Thankyou Schmoo :D
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    Hey Adam! Depending on what editors you use, boosting curves usually pushes the colors too, unless you specify it to apply to just luminosity or whatever. But I'm not post-processing expert so don't take my word for it. thumb.gif

But perhaps Marc Muench's most valuable lesson: Use and abuse the tricks you learn.. then pull it back to about 70% lol3.gif