Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    LOvely shot - how did you deal with light reflections ?

Brian v.
  • NealAddyNealAddy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    I use a home-made lighting setup consisting of 5100K daylight CF bulbs in 8" aluminum "work light" reflectors from Home Depot. Yeah it's crude, but effective. This shot had one light source on each side at a distance of about 2 feet and an angle of about 40 degrees above the plane of the subject.

Shooting straight down on the subject there really was no direct reflections to deal with when using this light configuration. I did airbrush out a hot spot on the left side of the date well. It was similar to the one on the right (shown) but about 3 times as big. Not a huge deal but it bugged me.

I know these still shots aren't anywhere near the high-end macro work I see from you folks (wow!) but I'm quite enjoying using them to explore the capabilities of this new Sigma 150. So far I'm really impressed! And hopelessly hooked.
  • m147m147 Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    NealAddy wrote: »
    I use a home-made lighting setup consisting of 5100K daylight CF bulbs in 8" aluminum "work light" reflectors from Home Depot. Yeah it's crude, but effective. This shot had one light source on each side at a distance of about 2 feet and an angle of about 40 degrees above the plane of the subject.

Shooting straight down on the subject there really was no direct reflections to deal with when using this light configuration. I did airbrush out a hot spot on the left side of the date well. It was similar to the one on the right (shown) but about 3 times as big. Not a huge deal but it bugged me.

I know these still shots aren't anywhere near the high-end macro work I see from you folks (wow!) but I'm quite enjoying using them to explore the capabilities of this new Sigma 150. So far I'm really impressed! And hopelessly hooked.

what lens did you use?
    wow! this was a dumb post, you say right there what lens it is. don't know how i missed that.
  • SubanuSubanu Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Thanks for sharing your setup. You really nailed this shot....