Colorado's Golden Fall Color

Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
edited November 25, 2010 in Landscapes
This is my last set of images from my September workshop in Colorado. Some of these shots you guys probably have in your galleries already but I thought I'd show you my version

All C & C is welcome!

#1 This was a fallen fence post with wire.
LeavesWeb.jpg

#2. This was taken off the Last Dollar Rd looking out over Ralph Lorens' estate.
LastDollarCloudsWeb.jpg

#3 Taken from the creek that empties into Maroon Bells Lake
MaroonBellsRiver2.jpg

#4 Taken off the East Fork Dallas Divide Rd
EastForkdallasDivideWeb.jpg

#5 Crystal Mill
CrystalMillWeb1.jpg

#6 Ghost town of Ashcroft
AshcoftGhostTownWeb.jpg

Comments

• ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Great colors
    Great Shots Doug. I wish I could jump on a plane and get some for myself.
  • JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    I did that drive up to Crystal Mill once.. Great place.. Unfortunately my car, Nissan Murano, even being "AWD" isn't high enough to make it over that first rock ledge you have to drive over. Damn.
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    WOW!!!I really liked this set 5 and 6 I really like beautiful!!
  • TrevorSTrevorS Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Doug, those are great! I really love #2 and #5, but they're all stunning. I drove through Colorado once, and it was easily the most beautiful trip I've ever taken. Well done!
  • bhundtbhundt Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    I think they're all outstanding.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    All are nice, but I very much like #2 and #4.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • jeeprjeepr Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Like them all...but #5 & 6 are my favs. I never tire of visiting the Powerhouse.....doesn't matter which season it is. iloveyou.gif
    Please don't edit my images or use them without my permisson.
    Amanda's | Photocreations
    http://amandasphotocreations.smugmug.com/
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    ashrugged wrote: »
    Great Shots Doug. I wish I could jump on a plane and get some for myself.

Ashrugged thanks much, It is really worth the cost of a flight, once you see it you'll wonder why I didn't do this sooner.
    I did that drive up to Crystal Mill once.. Great place.. Unfortunately my car, Nissan Murano, even being "AWD" isn't high enough to make it over that first rock ledge you have to drive over. Damn.

Thanks Jim, Exactly why we rented a 4wd jeep and a driver. It was only 4 miles off road but took almost 1.15 hours to get there, very very steep in some places.
    jackiejay wrote: »
    WOW!!!I really liked this set 5 and 6 I really like beautiful!!

Thank you Jackie, I've never photographed old abandoned buildings or ghost towns before, it was a lot of fun.
    TrevorS wrote: »
    Doug, those are great! I really love #2 and #5, but they're all stunning. I drove through Colorado once, and it was easily the most beautiful trip I've ever taken. Well done!

Thanks Trevor, I agree, Colorado is a feast for the eyes especially during fall colors.
    bhundt wrote: »
    I think they're all outstanding.

Thank you Bhundt.

ront wrote: »
    All are nice, but I very much like #2 and #4.
    Ron

Thanks Ron, #4 just unveiled itself as I was walking along the road, no brainer.

jeepr wrote: »
    Like them all...but #5 & 6 are my favs. I never tire of visiting the Powerhouse.....doesn't matter which season it is. iloveyou.gif

thanks Jeepr, Couldn't agree with you more!
  • Kayaking-N-SCKayaking-N-SC Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    A great set. Love #3.
    Thomas
    Columbia, SC

Canon 5DmkII / 40D / 24-105 F4 L / LensBaby Composer

TLKPhotos.SmugMug.com
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    Fantastic shots. What a scenic area, I'd love to get there someday.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    3 and 4 are my favorites, some crazy fall color there in Colorado, it's high on my list, maybe next year :)
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 24, 2010
    Beautiful scenery and amazing colors, Doug. 3 and 4 are my favorites as well. I would have been tempted to extract some more shadow detail out of #5 which I think has huge potential otherwise. But others might disagree and prefer the contrast. Nice work.

-joel
    edited November 24, 2010
    A great set. Love #3.

Thanks much Kayaking.
    bryanj87 wrote: »
    Fantastic shots. What a scenic area, I'd love to get there someday.

Thanks Bryan, there are so many beautiful areas, you'll love it.
    coscorrosa wrote: »
    3 and 4 are my favorites, some crazy fall color there in Colorado, it's high on my list, maybe next year :)

Thanks Ron, we hit it right at peak color in most all the areas we went, it can change so fast with storms or wind that it takes some luck as well. Regardless, if you go around the last week or so of September you will get plenty of color.
    kdog wrote: »
    Beautiful scenery and amazing colors, Doug. 3 and 4 are my favorites as well. I would have been tempted to extract some more shadow detail out of #5 which I think has huge potential otherwise. But others might disagree and prefer the contrast. Nice work.

-joel

Thanks Joel, you are probably right on as to the shadow detail, I will give it another run through.
  • JTB-DCJTB-DC Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    These are so beautiful, can't even name a favorite. Love the definition between the barb wire and moss in #1. Love 2 and 6 as well.
    Jared
    My Site
    edited November 25, 2010
    JTB-DC wrote: »
    These are so beautiful, can't even name a favorite. Love the definition between the barb wire and moss in #1. Love 2 and 6 as well.

Thank you Jared.