Sebastian

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited September 19, 2005 in People
Yale freshmen (he's got immediately accepted at Yale's varsity fencing team), former Conejo Valley citizen, fencer, martial art master, musician, composer, truly smart and totally nice guy, Daniel Sebastian Cano-Besquet - or, simply Sebastian for his fellow fencers:

35530639-L.jpg

He got accepted at almost every Ivy League university in States.
You can read more on him at http://www.theacorn.com/News/2005/0511/Community/028.html

I'm proud I get to know him, let even briefly...

WTG, Yalie!:clap
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2005
    Hey Nik,

this one isn't up to your standards friend :D it's a little soft mwink.gif perhaps you had some camera shake? The composition rocks though thumb.gif

Cheers
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    Hey Nik,

this one isn't up to your standards friend :D it's a little soft mwink.gif perhaps you had some camera shake? The composition rocks though thumb.gif

Cheers

Looks to me like it focused on the hand, not the face.

Nik's got the 20D growing pain blues.

Nice shot otherwise, Nik, in difficult conditions. Flourescents and all.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    DavidTO wrote:

You're right, it's the hand :D thanks (no more wine for me tonight mwink.gif) It's the other fencing shots that make this one a bit less good mwink.gif

blues or no blues I think our Nik is doing very well already with the 20D clap.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Michiel,
    Hey Nik,

Cheers
    It was one of those "in the spur of the moment" shots. He was about to enage in a "bout" (fencing term for a sword fight sparring session), I happened to be near, asked him if he wanted his "solo" picture taken. He agredd, "stroke the pose", I basically lifted the camera and took the shot. It was one of the "take it or leave it" kind of deals. I know it's far from perfect technically, but I'm still glad I took it.

Good to hear from ya!
    David,
    DavidTO wrote:

Yes, the light sucks there.
    And while you're absolutely correct about my "20D growing pains", this actually was my "ole gud 828".. And this shot is perfect example of WHY I wanted to get a faster camera: 828 in this light was pretty much on its edge, or, should I say, a tad beyond it...

Cheers!
    You're flattering bastard!
    You're right, it's the hand :D thanks (no more wine for me tonight mwink.gif) It's the other fencing shots that make this one a bit less good mwink.gif

blues or no blues I think our Nik is doing very well already with the 20D clap.gif
    You know damn well that my current 20D shots are still on the total r00kie level. I do feel that I'm getting somewhat better (my first shots were plain awfull), but I think it would take me a while until I get totaly comfortable with the camera..
    Thanks, though! As we say in Russia "even a cat likes to hear a kind word"iloveyou.gif

Haven't seen your pictures lately.. Too busy with work?ne_nau.gif
    edited September 19, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    You know damn well that my current 20D shots are still on the total r00kie level. I do feel that I'm getting somewhat better (my first shots were plain awfull), but I think it would take me a while until I get totaly comfortable with the camera..
    Thanks, though! As we say in Russia "even a cat likes to hear a kind word"iloveyou.gif

Haven't seen your pictures lately.. Too busy with work?ne_nau.gif
    You're welcome friend :D

Yeah, it's work, a band and some dating with new female friends. It does take most of my time :D I'll be putting up some more zoo shots here soon, as I have a couple of nice ones mwink.gif thanks for your interest!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder