Guitar on Railroad Tracks

Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited November 22, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Headed out today to consult on a photoshoot, which turned into me assisting on a photoshoot, which then turned into a shared photoshoot. It gave me an opportunity to try my hand at actual portrait photography. Since the photos are property of the other photographer I don't have any of those to post here, yet, but I did get permission to "steal" one shot for my portfolio.

From my Photo Manipulation gallery
<center>
1098591052_kKhKP-L.jpg
"Guitar on Railroad Tracks"
</center>
Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    This image immediately made me thing of the book Train Whistle Guitar, by Albert Murray. Well worth a read, especially if you are into Jazz/Blues. It is the first of a trilogy on a bass player growing up in the 20's through his carrier in music.

Truly an evocative image! thumb.gif

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    As a former music teacher and avid hobbyist photographer this is an appealing image for me. Love the tonal range and composition. Also took a look around your smugmug site - the photo manipulation stuff is cool!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Thank you both for taking the time to look and comment.

Bill, thanks for checking out my site. I also took some time to wander through your galleries and found a lot of photographs that I really like.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking