Shot of an autobody guy...

SubanuSubanu Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited November 21, 2010 in People
DSC_0001%20-1j.jpg

I'm working hard on good image processing, so any C&C would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    I think it would be a much better image if we could see his face. I also think you white balance is terribly off. Isn't this more like what your eye saw?

1099247768_FWnnZ-O.jpg
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • SubanuSubanu Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    I think it would be a much better image if we could see his face. I also think you white balance is terribly off. Isn't this more like what your eye saw?

Some people are a little hesitant to get their picture taken, and I didn't want to press the issue. He was very pleased with the shot.

I'm getting carried away with the toning, and I hear you. You have the shot balanced out to where it should be.

I've got a lot to learn, and I want to say thanks for taking the time to look over my work.thumb.gif
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Although I'm guilty of it myself, I can say in my critique of this that there is just nothing all that interesting in the shot. Perhaps in your eyes it was different, but to me, this is just something you might see in a Haynes manual. Try a stranger, more interesting perspective next time!
  • SubanuSubanu Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Although I'm guilty of it myself, I can say in my critique of this that there is just nothing all that interesting in the shot. Perhaps in your eyes it was different, but to me, this is just something you might see in a Haynes manual. Try a stranger, more interesting perspective next time!

I hear what your saying. I don't see anything special or interesting either. My main focus right now is processing.

One of the shots will be used in a print advertisement of some type, and I'm just glad for the oppurtunity.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Subanu wrote: »
    I hear what your saying. I don't see anything special or interesting either. My main focus right now is processing.

One of the shots will be used in a print advertisement of some type, and I'm just glad for the oppurtunity.

Certainly...anytime someone invites anyone to use a camera for anything my ears perk up and the idea hamster starts running on the wheel.