Some of the places I've seen

MavMav Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
edited December 7, 2010 in Landscapes
Not sure if a slide show is the done thing... but here are some photos of some of the places I've been over the last year or so (Morocco, Moscow, New York, The Cotswold in the UK, Elciego Spain)

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="600" height="800" id="ssidx"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2010091501.swf&quot; /><param name="flashVars" value="AlbumID=14756692&AlbumKey=pZRcA&transparent=true&bgColor=&borderThickness=&borderColor=&useInside=&endPoint=&mainHost=cdn.smugmug.com&VersionNos=2010091501&width=600&height=800&clickToImage=true&captions=true&showThumbs=true&autoStart=true&showSpeed=true&pageStyle=white&showButtons=true&randomStart=false&randomize=false&splash=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smugmug.com%2Fimg%2Fria%2FShizamSlides%2Fsmugmug_black.png&splashDelay=0&crossFadeSpeed=350" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2010091501.swf&quot; flashVars="AlbumID=14756692&AlbumKey=pZRcA&transparent=true&bgColor=&borderThickness=&borderColor=&useInside=&endPoint=&mainHost=cdn.smugmug.com&VersionNos=2010091501&width=600&height=800&clickToImage=true&captions=true&showThumbs=true&autoStart=true&showSpeed=true&pageStyle=white&showButtons=true&randomStart=false&randomize=false&splash=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smugmug.com%2Fimg%2Fria%2FShizamSlides%2Fsmugmug_black.png&splashDelay=0&crossFadeSpeed=350" width="600" height="800" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" ></embed></object>

Comments

• fmrnykrfmrnykr Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Am I missing something here?
    Mav wrote: »
    Not sure if a slide show is the done thing... but here are some photos of some of the places I've been over the last year or so (Morocco, Moscow, New York, The Cotswold in the UK, Elciego Spain)

<OBJECT class=inlineimg title=Grin border=0 alt="" classid="clsid:D

</OBJECT>
    </P>
  • MavMav Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    fmrnykr wrote: »
    Am I missing something here?

If you don't see the slideshow then yes... You can see the pics here

Some examples include:

1099870024_cUV3a-L.jpg

1099850553_ZPSvy-L.jpg

1099845847_NBQUL-L.jpg
    Alternatively, perhaps you can see the slide show and you simply don't like the pics...
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Hi Mav! I'm envious of your travels, though grateful you took so many great pics. thumb.gif Slideshows are just fine but for whatever reason it's not the "usual" method of posting. Thanks for sharing!
  • fmrnykrfmrnykr Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Now that I can see the photos, I think they're great.

Thanks,

Bob
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Hmm.... must be getting too late for me, I don't see the cotswolds anywhere?? I like the rest of your shots, Love your second shot above of the city, very unique perspective.
    edited November 23, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    Hi Mav! I'm envious of your travels, though grateful you took so many great pics. thumb.gif Slideshows are just fine but for whatever reason it's not the "usual" method of posting. Thanks for sharing!

I guess the slideshow is a little lazy... but I wasn't sure if people wanted to scroll their way through a whole lot of pics...

Glad you like them - I'm lucky to have a girlfriend who loves to travel too clap.gif
    fmrnykr wrote: »
    Now that I can see the photos, I think they're great.

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks thumb.gif
    edited November 23, 2010
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Hmm.... must be getting too late for me, I don't see the cotswolds anywhere?? I like the rest of your shots, Love your second shot above of the city, very unique perspective.

That one in Elciego is from the rooftop bar of a Frank Gehry building - I must get around to uploading the ones from outside - a very cool building.

In the slideshow is this one from Cheltenham last Christmas:

1099853599_zRWnT-L.jpg

This one of my Landy in Winchcombe:

1099863743_5KLHi-L.jpg

And this one from the top of Cleeve Hill just North of Cheltenham:

1099861787_pQ4Yg-L.jpg

Are you local to the Cotswolds?
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2010
    Some really nice photos! I like them all. Very nice.
  • freewheelfreewheel Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2010
    Great photos, also love the land cruiser. Do you shoot jpeg only or raw ?
    edited December 5, 2010
    Some really nice photos! I like them all. Very nice.

Thanks! thumb.gif
    freewheel wrote: »
    Great photos, also love the land cruiser. Do you shoot jpeg only or raw ?

Thanks! - although it's actually a Land Rover thumb.gif

I shoot in both jpeg and RAW but rarely find the time to work on the RAW files :cry Do you think any of the images need tweaking?
  • freewheelfreewheel Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    I'm a total noob, so I have no tweeking advice but that first shot brought back some fond memories. I grew up in Aberdeen, Scotland(moved back to Canada when I was ten), and my parents used to take me to the beach for walks, I remember seeing some wrecks like this. Also I don't know why but I really like the Winchcombe shot.

P.S. yeah land rover11doh.gif All I see here in Canada is land cruisers imported from Japan. is that a 110 Defender?
  • 50D50D Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    Mav wrote: »

those are all very nice,I looked at the entire slide show.

good stuff :)

Dan
    Canon 50D_Canon 24-105L_Sigma 30mm EX_Sigma 10-20mm EX 4-5.6_Canon 430EX II_Manfrotto 190XPROB/324RC2
    edited December 7, 2010
    freewheel wrote: »
    I'm a total noob, so I have no tweeking advice but that first shot brought back some fond memories. I grew up in Aberdeen, Scotland(moved back to Canada when I was ten), and my parents used to take me to the beach for walks, I remember seeing some wrecks like this. Also I don't know why but I really like the Winchcombe shot.

P.S. yeah land rover11doh.gif All I see here in Canada is land cruisers imported from Japan. is that a 110 Defender?

I've spent some time in Aberdeen too - it's quite a place... a little different to Morocco where that pic was taken! And yes, it is a 110 Defender thumb.gif
    50D wrote: »
    those are all very nice,I looked at the entire slide show.

good stuff :)

Dan

Thanks for compliments thumb.gif