A Bourbon Sunset

bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
edited November 22, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This image was a mess. My camera at the time had a lot of sensor dust and one big 'ol hair that I needed to photoshop out. Once cleaned up I liked the image enough to send it to a friend of mine at Kimbeley Kampers (my camping trailer is a KK) thinking he would enjoy it.

Well, I guess he liked it. :rofl

http://www.kimberleykampers.com/

(Yes, they had my permission to use the image)

Here's the image on it's own:

1098219495_v2fTX-XL.jpg

Maybe I should send a copy to Maker's Mark too. :D

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    very nice shot.....hope you got that sensor cleaned......sure would have been nice if they had given you photo credit.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Art Scott wrote: »
    very nice shot.....hope you got that sensor cleaned......sure would have been nice if they had given you photo credit.

Thanks Art.

The shot was taken back in March. I have since learned how to clean my sensor and try to keep it that way. Cleaning sensor dust with PP get's old very fast. :D

I understand your point on the photo credit but I was just stoked to have it on their site. I'm running around bragging about it enough now that everyone will know it came from me. rolleyes1.gif
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    an amazingly gorgeous shot, and congrats on the placement on the Kimberly site
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Holy cow, you are just smack dab in the middle of that site! Kudos to you, sir. An excellent shot.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    I like it......Well donethumb.gif
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Make them give you photo credit, or better yet send them a decent file and watermark it.
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

Considering that I only had the camera for less than a year at that point and I have learned so much since then, I was lucky to get it.

Since my passion is back country camping and I use the KK camping trailer to support that addiction, it's pretty cool to have my campsite image on their website. :ivar