Options

Why is my User ID shown as logged on even though not even logged in or on computer

happy2010happy2010 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited November 23, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I was just made aware that my dgrin user ID: “happy2010” was showing that I was online even though I have been sign out and my computer was completely shut down. Another computer, in a different city, which clicked on www.dgrin.com (without logging in) showed that “happy2010” was signed in/logged on to the site, even though my computer was physically turned off!<o:p></o:p>
Is there another “happy2010” user, or is there a glitch? Concerned with possible security and also if other Dgrinners are online and thinking I am not responding to any of the forum threads that I have posed questions on - it makes me look irresponsible, which I am not.<o:p></o:p>
Could this be fixed?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Thank you for your help and a wonderful web site... Mary<o:p></o:p>
Mary Ann Howard<o:p></o:p>
West Vancouver, British Columbia<o:p></o:p>
CANADA<o:p></o:p>
Mary Ann Howard
Wind of Change Photography
http://www.windofchangephotography.com

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited November 23, 2010
    Hi Mary,

I don't see any sign of there being a duplicate name. User names appear on the In Da House and front page for 30 minutes after their last activity, even if they have signed off, but I'm guessing that's not what's going on here. It could simply be a bug in the forum software. Just to play it safe, I would go to the User Control Panel and change the password.
  • Options
    happy2010happy2010 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    thank you!
    Thank you Richard!! I believe you are correct. It is the 30 minute window which I didn't realized that User name is still there in In Da House. I feel much better now. No problems in your software..

Thank you for your speedy response!! Have a wonderful day! Mary

Mary Ann Howard
    Wind of Change Photography
    http://www.windofchangephotography.com
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited November 23, 2010
    :whew

thumb.gif