Portraits of Suzannah......

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited November 24, 2010 in People
Suzannah we had so much fun doing her portraits.
This shoot was a few months after her wedding.
She was so excited to walk around downtown in her dress, I was surprised how many people stopped and wanted to talk to her.
These are all natural light. We just walked around and took a shot when we saw a spot we liked.
We did a boudoir shoot the same day...I snuck a couple of those into this gallery.
Lots of different shots in her gallery: http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Bridal-galleries/Suzannahs-Bridal-Portraits-in/14786810_geRm6#1102685788_p3Prr

1103172225_FSvXG-L.jpg

1103172340_ku9on-O.jpg

1103172357_HbPJf-O.jpg

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Zoomer,

First the bad...................The first image has a distraction that draws the eye away from what I think the subject was supposed to be. :D

I noticed on one image the building behind her was tilted. :D

Now as for the rest............clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif (even #1)

I am sure she is thrilled!

Sam
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Nice work, as always, Zoomer. I really like the first two, especially the second one. The third isn't doing as much for me, I get it, but something about the washed out look isn't working for me.

Edit: Love the gallery... lots of wonderful stuff there...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 24, 2010
    Yeah, she has really nice, um, eyes!! Man that looks like it was one really fun shoot. Great shots! thumb.gifthumb.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Very nice gallery!
  • cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Ditto what everyone else has said. Would that I'd known when I was single... From your galleries it appears that everyone in Boise is drop dead gorgeous, as is the scenery (although I knew about that part of it).

Beautiful shots as always!
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Very nice work...love #2
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Really like the second one and love the third one. The first one is just too weird of an angle. Ok, actually not true...what I mean is the railing, the dress, her torso...seems almost like "they" are resting on the rail. Her eyes are gorgeous but it's just the overall perspective and placement that feels a bit strange.
  • tgrisiertgrisier Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    I must echo everyone else and say great stuff. I particularly like #2, and like adbsgicom, I'm not much into the washed out/faded look although the pose is nice.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Zoomer, do you ever shoot people who AREN'T incredibly gorgeous with near-model looks?!? rolleyes1.gif Srsly - share some of your "normal people" shots at some point thumb.gif

These are beautiful shots of a beautiful gal. I was initially struck by the impact of 1, but on reflection I have to agree with the other comments that the way she's over the banister makes the alignment of her face and, uh, attributes a little odd with the railing - if you don't look carefuly it's almost like she's being impaled on it left to right! What happens to it with a tighter crop?
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    This set is awesome. I really encourage people to check out the gallery. Lots of nice shots. This one is my favorite:

http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Bridal-galleries/Suzannahs-Bridal-Portraits-in/14786810_geRm6#1102731293_QoYZ8
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Oh... and I love the Zombie shot. How did you manage that? Was that just coincidental? You didn't set that up? What are the odds?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Hey thanks to everyone who took the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

I love those weird angles, I love the color of that staircase as a background.

I do seem to get booked by an inordinate number of attractive couples. I am ok with that, makes my job a little easier.

Glad you liked the gallery. Hard to really represent just posting a couple shots on here.

Yes I set up the zombie shot but she did not know about it so she really is freaking out....pretty funny.
    There was a dance group down there and they were doing a thriller set so I asked them if they would come over and sneak up behind her tap her on the shoulder and say boo, ha.