Options

how much is this worth

mattr888mattr888 Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited December 7, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
hi a person has messaged me through my website they want the picture below in A1 but im not shore how much i should charge for it and i also have no clue what i need to do.

also i couldent think were it should go many if you created a selling tab it might help for theses type of things

thanks
Twitter
Facebook
happy snapping

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    I've moved this to the 'Mind Your Own Business' forum thumb.gif
    mattr888 wrote: »
    also i couldent think were it should go many if you created a selling tab it might help for theses type of things
    I honestly have no idea what you are saying here, sorry. Can you please explain and/or elaborate? what is a 'selling tab' for instance?
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2010
    lol

well the selling tab could be for people that want to sell photos/ buy and also some tips on pricing and printing.

and what i want to know about the picture is. How much should i charge if it is going to be printed in A1?
    Twitter
    Facebook
    happy snapping
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 24, 2010
    mattr888 wrote: »
    lol

well the selling tab could be for people that want to sell photos/ buy and also some tips on pricing and printing.

and what i want to know about the picture is. How much should i charge if it is going to be printed in A1?

I can't help you decide on a price but Ivar has moved your post here to the "Mind Your Own Business" forum where we discuss all things business related, including sales! :Ddeal.gif

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    What type of SmugMug account do you have??
    That will determine part of the help you need.
    Where are you located?

Also you need to put a link to your website, in case their are any website probs we can quickly find the website..........

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< EDIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OK found your website......it might be real hard to get a selling button (shopping cart) on a FREE website,
    However you might be able to do something with PayPal buttons but you would need a button for each photo and photo size
    you want to offer......since you are using a free website, it might be better if you get your parents to set up a paypal account for you
    and just send a paypal invoice so you can get paid quickly....once you turn to the legal age where you live, then the PayPal account is much easier...
    or you could have your parents foot the $150/yr for a PRO SmugMug account so you can set up selling right from the site with just a few buttons.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited November 25, 2010
    Art Scott wrote: »
    What type of SmugMug account do you have??
    That will determine part of the help you need.
    Where are you located?

Also you need to put a link to your website, in case their are any website probs we can quickly find the
    OK found your website......it might be real hard to get a selling button (shopping cart) on a FREE website,
    However you might be able to do something with PayPal buttons but you would need a button for each photo and photo size
    you want to offer......since you are using a free website, it might be better if you get your parents to set up a paypal account for you
    and just send a paypal invoice so you can get paid quickly....once you turn to the legal age where you live, then the PayPal account is much easier...
    or you could have your parents foot the $150/yr for a PRO SmugMug account so you can set up selling right from the site with just a few buttons.

well i can set up a buy button on my website but i think i would mean i would have to rearrange it a bit but that doesn't matter too much. And im going to have a play around with the 30 day SmugMug free trial and see what it is like.
    Twitter
    Facebook
    happy snapping
  • Options
    Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    I glanced at your Twitter account before I even went to your web page and figured out rather quickly that you're a kid. Please don't take that the wrong way, I do not mean it negatively. If you want to sell your work, then you need to start acting like a pro. If the Twitter account is intended to be your personal account, then that's your decision. You need to decide whether it is a personal account or a business account. It can't be both. Especially when you tweet about "pants man" and follow someone called "TheF@#%!ngPM".
  • Options
    SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2010
    15524779-Ti.gif
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2010
    Especially when you tweet about "pants man" and follow someone called "TheF@#%!ngPM".

sorted no longer flowing them lol and deleted them poasts
    Twitter
    Facebook
    happy snapping