Options

Turkey Shoot Revisited: Post your results here

2»

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    Flyinggina wrote: »
    I like all three of these, Liz. Something about #3 really appeals to me. I think that it is the juxtaposition of the hugging couple in the left foreground against the happy dancers in the background center. Anyway, it tugs at my heart.

What I like about #1 is that the men are talking away and the women are .... Well, we've all been there.

And #2 is classic.

Virginia

Thanks Viriginia:)
    I''m glad #3 tugs at the heartstrings. I was so happy to get the dancers in the background with the completely still couple hugging deeply off to the side. It was a special moment, and though you may not know the circumstances, I'm glad some of it came through.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2010
    rainbow wrote: »
    I like the first and third as they capture "family", the good and the bad. In first, I like how the guys are connecting while the women are disconnecting. The third captures the good times of people comfortable together (What is the guy on the left hugging??). Second is very characteristic, but you had a previous post shooting from the side that captured that type of scene much better.

Rainbow,
    After I read this I could have kicked myself for not getting the sideshot.
    They were watching the Wizard of Oz and I would have loved to have captured the look on some of their faces.
    To me the shot from the back is the quentissential kiddie shot at any standard holiday, the actual glimpse we adults get as we peek in to see no one is killing each other. So I'm glad I got it, but you are right a rework of the scene would have yielded something better.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2010
    Thank you, Liz! It was an overall fun gathering. When I looked through all the shots I had, mostly candid, almost all had smiling faces. With #1, I tried to convert it, but just didn't look right. The funny thing about the color: it's accurate. The walls are painted with an orange hue, sponge painting I believe. And he was sitting. In hindsight, I should have went for a lower angle. Also, thank you so much about your conversion feedback; it's something that I've been working really hard to improve.

Your gathering looked really enjoyable as well. The first one, the man on the right looks like a very animated speaker. Fun person to be in a room with, I'd imagine. #2 strikes a chord with me, too. I grew up watching more TV than I probably should have, so it brings me back. And the 3rd one, blurry as it is, shows a lot of joy. If any of them say "thanksgiving" to me, it would be #1. That said, I like #3 the best. Looking at the two pairs in the "background," it almost looks like they're dancing. The hug on the left looks like a teary goodbye, pulls on the heartstrings.

Great captures yourself, there, Liz! Thank you for sharing a glimpse of your family life!

The animated speaker is my husband :)
    Yes the two pairs in #3 are dancing.
    Nyarthlopic, you have no idea how much you nailed it when you say "a teary goodbye".

#2--that was my childhood all over again at any of the holidays, so I'm glad I got it.

Thanks for commenting.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2010
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Any and all work for me Liz, but particularly two and three. Don't need to know who they are. The one suggestion I make is that you do a bit of dodging on the man's face on the left hand side of three.

B.D. that shot #3 is special, so I will get out my dodging tool and get to reworking that shot. Thank you.
    Liz A.
    _________