Reagan National

esc2476esc2476 Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
edited December 3, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
In mid-September Curt (concord977) and I headed to DCA to take a few photos. Curt's knowledge is endless and it is fascinating to listen to him.

After winning Lightroom!!!, and my trial ended (I practice government contracts law and commercial litigation), I finally got around to editing these photos.

Here is the gallery: http://esc.smugmug.com/Around-DC/Reagan-National-Airport/14757088_hdZrW#1099874792_h4SoH

Here are a few photos:

1099876316_6Wmwq-XL.jpg

1099876214_LDvSn-X2.jpg

1099881884_Acqrn-XL.jpg

1099874792_h4SoH-X2.jpg

Comments

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    Very nice, Eric! I need to get down that way again one of these days - Gravely Point is a super location for spotters!
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    Really like your 1st photo thumb.gif
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2010
    Those are some nice captures. For those that might not know that is the Oh-Thank-Goodness-It-Is-Finally-Finished Woodrow Wilson Bridge in the far background of #1 and #4.
  • esc2476esc2476 Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    moose135 wrote: »
    Very nice, Eric! I need to get down that way again one of these days - Gravely Point is a super location for spotters!
    Thanks again Moose! I want to get down there again when the planes are landing from the north and another time at night.
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Really like your 1st photo thumb.gif
    Thanks-much appreciated thumb.gif
    RogersDA wrote: »
    Those are some nice captures. For those that might not know that is the Oh-Thank-Goodness-It-Is-Finally-Finished Woodrow Wilson Bridge in the far background of #1 and #4.
    Thanks thumb.gif I am new to the area-did that bridge take a long time to build?
    edited November 27, 2010
    C+C welcome of course.

Here are a few more:

1099880979_MPq9p-XL.jpg

1099886952_HtJ4U-XL.jpg

1099876489_EUKws-X2.jpg
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    esc2476 wrote: »
    Thanks thumb.gif I am new to the area-did that bridge take a long time to build?

It took many years to build that bridge. If I recall correctly it was the largest bridge project as it also included redoing every interchange on both the west and the east sides of the river. The last interchange was done last year I believe. However, I think that this project was probably one of the better managed projects. It moved right along, and I do not recall any significant delay at all.

Before, the old WW bridge was a congestion nightmare (3 lanes each way). I would leave the house at 4:45am to to beat the traffic, and leave the office by 2:30pm for the same reason. Now there are very few delays (6 lanes each way, with the middle 6 being express lanes). There is the occasional delay when the drawbridge needs to be opened. Ironically, I work at home 99& of the time now.
    edited November 27, 2010
    RogersDA wrote: »
    It took many years to build that bridge. If I recall correctly it was the largest bridge project as it also included redoing every interchange on both the west and the east sides of the river. The last interchange was done last year I believe. However, I think that this project was probably one of the better managed projects. It moved right along, and I do not recall any significant delay at all.

Before, the old WW bridge was a congestion nightmare (3 lanes each way). I would leave the house at 4:45am to to beat the traffic, and leave the office by 2:30pm for the same reason. Now there are very few delays (6 lanes each way, with the middle 6 being express lanes). There is the occasional delay when the drawbridge needs to be opened. Ironically, I work at home 99& of the time now.
    That's pretty funny. I am new to the area and my wife and I are renting just outside of Old Town Alexandria until the first half next year when we buy a house/townhouse. I have been over the bridge a few times and under it once on the Mt. Vernon bike trail.

My commute to Tysons sometimes takes an hour because of all the construction.
  • travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Well done.
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook
    edited December 3, 2010
    Well done.
    Thanks Travis-much appreciated thumb.gif

Your 300 2.8 would work well there.
  • travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2010
    Maybe but you've done well with the lens you used. #1 is my favorite! It made me feel like I was standing at Gravely Point.
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook