Options

Deal: Get Totally Rad Actions and Presets for cheap...

bnlearlebnlearle Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited November 26, 2010 in Flea Market
The only time they're ever this cheap! Get 'em now if you want 'em ;)

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2010
    Yeah, and you get an extra 10% off if you "like" their facebook page to get the coupon. I finally ponied up for the first set of actions plus the LR presets (one of the presets in the trial pack is like my most used EVER, so I figured it would be worth it). Grand total for both was $169, which I thought was pretty good.....
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2010
    Well, I only just bought the full sets, so I'll tell you more once I get a chance to use them... rolleyes1.gif I do use a lot of the free presets I have, as well as the T-rad PS actions in the trial set. I think I'll probably use them a lot. That said, just browsing through the presets just now I'm almost wondering now if the presets may be slightly redundant, because the presets look REALLY good. That said, I'm sure I'll get enough use out of them to justify the expense - I've been building up hardware and "making do" with software for the most part (I was lucky and got CS3 and LR for free via the college where hubby teaches); it felt the right time to pony up for some of the professional software tools out there.

ETA: I've just experimented with the LR ones and I can say for sure I'll be using these as the bases for quite a lot of shots. The sharpening, contrast and WB tools look to be some of the best I've seen so far, and the BW conversions are very different from the existing ones I have (and may save me having to do ALL my bw conversions "from scratch" - I enjoy it, but it can be time-consuming....). We'll see how I get on with them...

EATA: The LR ones are things I COULD do myself if I wanted to take the time. The PS ones aren't; the photoshop techniques in many of them are way beyond my existing knowledge...