Ink Jet printer for Mac to print on DVDs

Scorrow1967Scorrow1967 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited December 22, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
Hi Smuggers - I'm ready to buy a printer to use to print labels (for weddings, senior portrait slideshows, etc ... ) using our stable of MacBooks. Anyone have anything they would suggest or we should avoid? Also, it would be helpful if this printer could be used for basic plain-paper printouts of prices lists, proofs, etc ... Thanks in advance for nay advice.

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited December 22, 2010
    Hi Scorrow. Thread bump, and any progress on a printer to meet your expectations?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Scorrow1967Scorrow1967 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    Hi David, I haven't made any progress on this, unfortunately. Would still love to hear from someone who is pleased with their printer. Thanks for asking!
  • jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    It's not on a Mac, but I have had 2 different Epson inkjets that print on CD's, and they work well for that. Both are now discontinued models, but if the CD support has stayed the same, the new ones will be just fine. The Artisan 50 would be the closest equivalent to the old (single function) printer, the Artisan 710 is the multi-function version. The Windows software is a little primitive, but functional. These are regular Epson printers, so they work fine for your other purposes, but do not have Epson's best inks for photo printing (decent, but not the best)

You really want to print on the disc directly, and not on an adhesive label, and Epson has the most models to do so. In my experience, the adhesive labels will destroy the data on a disc in just a couple of years.
  • Scorrow1967Scorrow1967 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    Thanks for the great advice jziegller - I'll check out the Epson lineup for sure. Cheers!