deleted for privacy

laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
edited August 17, 2017 in People
deleted for privacy

Comments

• tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 27, 2010
    Great composition, beautiful subject and just great work. Love the first one - nice and soft light. I am not a big fan of contrasty photos.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • OzzwaldOzzwald Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    I really like #2, background is great
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    You use your backgrounds to great effect. Very nice work.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    Wow - those are some cool backgrounds. She looks relaxed and confident in #1 and #2. Not so much in #3 to me. My favorite is #1. Not sure of the square crop in #2.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    Thank you so much!
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    Thank you so much!
    My favorite is the one with the Brooklyn Bridge in bg, though they are all good. What was that, one light on camera left?
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    I LOVE the last shot. I screams "strobist" lol. Perfectly lit IMO :D

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    Very nice work! I really like this series.
    sara505 wrote: »
    My favorite is the one with the Brooklyn Bridge in bg, though they are all good.
    Looks like that's actually the Manhattan Bridge - taken from Brooklyn Bridge Park. Yes, I've shot there "a couple" of times...
  • laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    sara505 wrote: »
    My favorite is the one with the Brooklyn Bridge in bg, though they are all good. What was that, one light on camera left?

Yep, just a speedlight (and an assistant to hold it!) pointed right at her with a little tupperware diffuser on it.

moose135 wrote: »
    Very nice work! I really like this series.

Looks like that's actually the Manhattan Bridge - taken from Brooklyn Bridge Park. Yes, I've shot there "a couple" of times...

Thank you! And yeah, you're right on both counts. It's such a great spot, isn't it? We didn't get the shot I ACTUALLY wanted, with the Brooklyn Bridge in the background, because there was a major fashion shoot going on there and they looked like they were camped out for awhile. Oh well!
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Yep, just a speedlight (and an assistant to hold it!) pointed right at her with a little tupperware diffuser on it.

Thank you! And yeah, you're right on both counts. It's such a great spot, isn't it? We didn't get the shot I ACTUALLY wanted, with the Brooklyn Bridge in the background, because there was a major fashion shoot going on there and they looked like they were camped out for awhile. Oh well!

So, what do I know from NY bridges? (not much:D)