Options

Dss 64 - Sweet Autumn

dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
edited November 28, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was looking at my parents sweet gum tree, noticing all the beautiful colors on there and just how many different colors there were. It finally dawned on me there were at least "9" combinations of colors....

How does this look? (or at http://donna-niemann.smugmug.com/Challenges/DSS-64-9/14822127_2yxzf)
1105753334_HnWA5-L.jpg

or

1105760780_KMeai-L.jpg

**EDIT:
#3 A slightly lighter and brighter version.
1106516822_ByXhT-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    ooh, I like number 2 ...especially how you made the pesky black lines disapear!!
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2010
    rteest42 wrote: »
    ooh, I like number 2 ...especially how you made the pesky black lines disapear!!

rolleyes1.gif those black lines. I wasn't sure if that would work for everyone or not. I don't mind not seeing them... and I wanted the black background.

I had a friend and my son both point out, but it has 10 items... is that a problem to anyone here, or is it just them?
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    My neighbor has a sweetgum tree too.. :)

Do you think you can make it to where it has more contrast so the leaves jump out a bit more? I also think the #9 would work better without the prickly ball with the leaf. :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    I also think that the leaves could use a little brightening to give them some punch. The upper right in #2 seems to be a little dark in comparison to those on the bottom row, so it would be nice to see them all even in tone.

I'm ok with the sweetgum ball and I like your idea. Beautiful colors :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2010
    I added a third version. Slightly lighter and brighter. There is a fine line I had a hard time not going over where the reds became way too red. So how is this version?
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    Definitely #3. The colors really pop. And I like the seed pod in the final frame.
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2010
    Thanks for the comments and ideas everyone. I really appreciate the feedback.
    I am leaning towards "Shades of Fall" as a name now... still not sure if this is my final product though. I think I will wait and see how it looks to me again tomorrow.