Cinderella's Castle

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited September 12, 2005 in People
This was taken this week at Walt Disney World with my digital camera! Cinderella's Castle is covered in gold for Disneyland's 50th.. I thought this shot looked really nice from where I was standing!!! Only problem is it looks further away then in person. My camera has no zoom... Let me know what you think.
:flash

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2005
    Sure your camera has a zoom, it called your feet yelrotflmao.gif

Nice shot, you'll learn your camera capabilities as you use it, it takes time and patience though. Plus there is a lot of really good info on dgrin to learn from. Half the fun is learning though right.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2005
    Your camera probably has a slight wide angle lens (a normal lens when you have no zoom). A wide angle lens fits a little more of the scene in your picture (usually nice for travel pics) but makes things look farther away than you remember them.

The shot is pretty nice. The gold on the castle would have been more visable if the shot were taken earlier or later in the day - better light for outdoor shots. Mid-day light doesn't help the colors look as bright.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen