Options

<<City of Angels>>

doingcooldoingcool Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
edited December 7, 2010 in Landscapes

Comments

• Options
    Dusty73085Dusty73085 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    Wow! These are fantastic! If you don't mind me asking, where did you go to take these?

#1 and #6 are fabulous.
    Bailey

I may not know what I'm doing, but I'm having fun doing it!
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2010
    Dusty73085 wrote: »
    Wow! These are fantastic! If you don't mind me asking, where did you go to take these?

#1 and #6 are fabulous.
    those are taken from couple locations. Which one you want to know?
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    awesome.. but which city is this?
    Really like all of these
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Dusty73085Dusty73085 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    #6 I am most curious about. Whenever I see pictures like these of the city, I always wonder were they were taken from.

Thank you for sharing.
    Bailey

I may not know what I'm doing, but I'm having fun doing it!
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2010
    awesome.. but which city is this?
    Really like all of these
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Angels

Los Angeles
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2010
    Dusty73085 wrote: »
    #6 I am most curious about. Whenever I see pictures like these of the city, I always wonder were they were taken from.

Thank you for sharing.
    http://www.laparks.org/dos/parks/facility/debsEERegionalPk.htm
  • Options
    FreezframeFreezframe Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    Very nice job!
    It's been since 1969 when I lived in the suburbs of LA and back then the sky around LA was never that clear.
    In picture 4&5 I would have like to seen a little more detail in the sky scrapers. I would have also tried some HDR to add a little punch that would have been fun as well for you post process.
    If I sound like I'm nit picking - I assure you I'm not. I can tell you had a passion for this set and thought you may have want to explore a different type of result.

Very well done indeed!

Brady
    Dad/Photograher:ivar
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2010
    Freezframe wrote: »
    It's been since 1969 when I lived in the suburbs of LA and back then the sky around LA was never that clear.
    In picture 4&5 I would have like to seen a little more detail in the sky scrapers. I would have also tried some HDR to add a little punch that would have been fun as well for you post process.
    If I sound like I'm nit picking - I assure you I'm not. I can tell you had a passion for this set and thought you may have want to explore a different type of result.

Very well done indeed!

Brady
    thanks for your comment. But i am not a fan of HDR. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    Nice job with these. Especially 3 and 7. Never saw those views/comps of the city before.
    Have to admit that I never considered LA a picturesque city (spent my first 18 years of life there and no intention of going backrolleyes1.gif)
    You make it look good thumb.gif
    E
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2010
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Nice job with these. Especially 3 and 7. Never saw those views/comps of the city before.
    Have to admit that I never considered LA a picturesque city (spent my first 18 years of life there and no intention of going backrolleyes1.gif)
    You make it look good thumb.gif
    E
    thanks
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    #1 and #4 have the most incredible skies I've ever seen in pics of LA. Nice job. We can really tell you have the right amount of patience to wait for the light and the weather to do its thing.

I've long since wanted to get some shots like this of LA but never seem to get around it. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    #1 and #4 have the most incredible skies I've ever seen in pics of LA. Nice job. We can really tell you have the right amount of patience to wait for the light and the weather to do its thing.

I've long since wanted to get some shots like this of LA but never seem to get around it. Thanks for sharing!
    thanks rolleyes1.gif