Decisions......

Firehouses of OhioFirehouses of Ohio Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited November 30, 2010 in Finishing School
Ok I need just a little bit of help because I have one image and two different variations. One image was saved as iso auto and as shot, the idea was to give it a little more texture. Then ever being the one to question should the entire image be in total focus?

Auto

1107385839_Qmz8n-L.jpg

As shot

1107385893_8a7VQ-L.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited November 28, 2010
    If I understand your question correctly, I think you'll get a better answer in Finishing School, so I moved the thread. thumb.gif
  • Firehouses of OhioFirehouses of Ohio Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2010
    Thanks for the help.....
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited November 29, 2010
    I don't understand what you mean by saved as ISO auto. It looks to me as if there is slightly more detail in the second version, but the differences are subtle. As to what should be in focus, well, that's entirely up to you. In this shot, I think it's more important that the foreground detail be clear, but that's just my taste in the matter.
  • Firehouses of OhioFirehouses of Ohio Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean by saved as ISO auto. It looks to me as if there is slightly more detail in the second version, but the differences are subtle. As to what should be in focus, well, that's entirely up to you. In this shot, I think it's more important that the foreground detail be clear, but that's just my taste in the matter.

This is really a tough one to explain regarding the ISO in post production however I do believe that with doing some tinkering the correct answer may have been found. Regarding the focusing issue I'm putting some images for 9/11 10 years after the fact together and am trying to find the best look per se for those images.

From time to time there is that creative block which happens and I do appreciate your input.