Canadian Rockies

Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited December 1, 2010 in Landscapes
This was shot somewhere in Jasper National Park. If you could name the lake / mountain / river it would be much appreciated. It is rather close to Jasper as it was in the first set of photos I took the day we left Jasper to drive south to Banff.

Comments and critique would be appreciated!

canadian-rockies-1.jpg
Karl Lindsay
Nikon D600
Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
Induro CT-014 Tripod
karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px

Comments

• hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    Great composition and location. It looks a little blue on my monitor but it could very well be the laptop.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Beautiful location, I love the composition, the water is crystal clear. Not sure of the time of day this was shot but the light looks a bit harsh or perhaps the mountain sky area could be darkened a stop or so with a curve adjustment to bring in some more contrast. Aside from that little nic its a beautiful photo.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 30, 2010
    That is beautiful.
  • Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    hawkeye978 wrote: »
    Great composition and location. It looks a little blue on my monitor but it could very well be the laptop.

Thanks Tom. It might be a little blue. It could be a mixture of the WB and the monitor as well.
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Beautiful location, I love the composition, the water is crystal clear. Not sure of the time of day this was shot but the light looks a bit harsh or perhaps the mountain sky area could be darkened a stop or so with a curve adjustment to bring in some more contrast. Aside from that little nic its a beautiful photo.

Doug, this was shot just after 9 in the morning. Thanks for the feedback!
    kdog wrote: »
    That is beautiful.

Thanks kdog. Much appreciated!
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px