Options

ch.47 = Sandy

SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
edited September 12, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Me first try at the challenge, mirror image.

35704812-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2005
    I Like the impromptu feeling from the way you are holding the camera, and your apprehensive expression. I also like the bright background outlining your neck and jaw, left cheek and arm. Also the jewel-like reflection of the window and your silouette on the camera lans.

I guess there's a bit of flare just above the camera but it doesn't detract - serves as a highlight for the camera. Just two distracting bits - the blue shape behind your left elbow, and the red spot in your shirt by your right hand - both easily cloned away.

If you were to reshoot for some other reason (that I would be totally missing), might be worth also trying to "simplify" the image on the lens - or maybe not - maybe the room revealed in the lense complements the bright background of the larger frame.

Gary
    Sandy wrote:
    Me first try at the challenge, mirror image.

35704812-L.jpg
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    Sandy - If you flip this image horizontally, then the printing on the camera and your shirt will no longer me mirror images. I had this pointed out to me by Fish about my avatar, so don't feel alone. :D:D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    Thank you muddyknees, I will try to shoot a few more portraits this week. I like this one because I looked fairly decent, and I do not like most of the photographs of that are taken of me. I find that most people are very critical of how they look, so I am no t alone as pathfinder pointed out. rolleyes1.gif