How much is this worth?

FitmominmaineFitmominmaine Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited December 3, 2010 in Cameras
I would like to upgrade to a D700 due to the iso capabilities. To do so, I need to sell pretty much everything I have. D90 is a killer camera....wish I could keep.

I have a D90
- orginal packaging, purchased 9/09/2009.
- Purchased a 4 year extended warranty that covers everything and is transferable

50mm 1.8 nikon
18-105 VR
18-55
85mm 1.8 (hate to part with, but may need to, so get the d700. Will have to repurchase later)
SB-400

8gb memory card
Black and Grey Tamrac camera backpack/sling style. (holds everything)

I don't even know where to begin. I want it to be a fair price.
I am not an avid seller, so need some help.

PLEASE?!

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited November 29, 2010
    Please back up just a bit and describe your photographic needs and the reasons why the Nikon D90 is not working for you.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    compare prices on keh.com, adorama and b&h used areas.
  • FreezframeFreezframe Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    Like "Ziggy" said let us know a little more!
    D700 is a pretty big jump just for ISO when there is a D300s that should serve the same purpose with out the FX factor. I'm not familiar with Nikon glass but that may allow you to keep a few of your lens.ne_nau.gif

Brady:D
    Dad/Photograher:ivar
  • kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Check Fred Miranda forums to see what people are asking, check ebay for sold items.

Gene
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    You're not achieving much if you sell all your lenses and get a killer body with nothing to stick on the end of it. Unless you REALLY need low light capabilities, better lenses will help you more than a new body. The D90 is fine, and it's better w/ a $1000 lens on it than a D700 is with a 18-55 kit lens on it. (Oh, I guess that won't work. Hmmm... ok, a 50 1.8. It's a very good beginner lens but a 1K lens will obviously top it, even on a lower-cost body). And you're gonna sell a mem card? What are you gonna put in the D700? This does not sound like a good idea, no matter what you shoot.
  • richmoffittrichmoffitt Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    I just moved up to a D7000 from a D50. I hope it's the one I can hold on to for 5 years, as seems to be my trend. Anecdotal evidence shows it's maybe a stop and change worse off than the D700, and a heck of a lot cheaper. Then again, the D90 isn't really all that much of a slouch either.

Another thing to consider is that there may be a successor to the D700 soon, so if you can hold out there will likely be a price drop.

As others have mentioned... what do you shoot and why do you feel you need that extra low-light performance?
  • skysailorskysailor Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2010
    One must differentiate between "want" and "need", especially with big ticket items like the D700? I'm a sailor. I know all about these things, Laughing.gif! It is a lot of $$ for the higher ISO? You'd save a fortune upgrading to the D7000, or the D300s on glass alone. Just my .02$
    Gear: D200, G9, Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, Nikkor 35 f/1.8, Vivitar Series 1 28-105 f/2.8-3.8, Sigma 18-200 f/3.5-6.3