Tallula.

dave.turleydave.turley Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited November 30, 2010 in People
Hi,
Thought I'd share this shot of my grandaughter with you. I think it has something mesmeric about it. What do you think? Shot with a Panasonic FZ38, and is a crop froma much larger, less interesting photograph.
1108847487_MBhmw-L.jpg

Comments

• briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Beautiful capture and a nice crop. I love the curls swirling around her head and the light in her eyes. I wonder what she is captivated by? eek7.gif
    If you have Photoshop you might want to consider keeping your file in rgb mode and using a b&w adjustment layer (or combine w/ gradient map for duotone effect). This way you can still revert back to full color by turning off those layers and will most importantly not disgard your color information.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Very interesting catchlights. You've done a good job on the cropping, too.
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    this one draws me in...very nice capture!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • dave.turleydave.turley Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Beautiful capture and a nice crop. I love the curls swirling around her head and the light in her eyes. I wonder what she is captivated by? eek7.gif
    If you have Photoshop you might want to consider keeping your file in rgb mode and using a b&w adjustment layer (or combine w/ gradient map for duotone effect). This way you can still revert back to full color by turning off those layers and will most importantly not disgard your color information.
    Fear not..lol...I have about 20 copies of this in various stages of pp. The original had quite a bad colour cast on it from the playhouse she was peering out of. She's looking at me btw. I shot her from my hip after calling her name. You can see me in her eyes.