Sunrise on the FSU Golf Course

LeeHowellLeeHowell Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited December 1, 2010 in Landscapes
Those of you who love golf AND photography are probably just like me, and hate having to watch that beautiful sunrise with a 5 iron in your hand rather than a 5D! So I put the clubs down one morning and roamed around the course at the butt-crack of dawn, snapping shots of my favorite holes! Hmm...Maybe I shouldn't use "butt-crack" and "holes" in the same sentence? :-P

The folks who manage the course were really nice and didn't mind me "putt-zing" around out there...I'm actually hoping they can use some of them for their website and printed media. Probably should have charged, but this was just a spur of the moment thing I initiated and I really just wanted to shoot for fun and for ME again. I guess that's a subject for another thread some day, but I think so long as I make it clear that they can't go selling prints in the pro shop, there's no harm in donating my services "for the love of the game."

I made the mistake of editing these on my laptop first...I never do that! And for good reason...I never will again! I went to view them on my calibrated desktop monitor and hung my head - They were so dark you could hardly make out the detail....So, here's my second stab at editing...I've got a few select images below, and you're welcome to check out the full gallery HERE.

If anyone's so inclined, would you mind giving me your opinion on the color balance and if they appear slightly washed-out?? Maybe it's just because I had to edit them twice and I've been looking at them for far too long, but I get the sense that some of these are missing that "POP!" I'm not used to shooting at 6:00AM though, so maybe it's just poor exposure and/or I used too much fill light in editing?

1109557969_Exfce-M.jpg

1109506018_2xN2k-M.jpg

1109509342_fQiwD-M.jpg

1109512804_cZpcT-M.jpg

1109514467_G6Koz-M.jpg

1109860528_BJxUr-M.jpg

1109534059_bmmLM-M.jpg

1109544055_QcoRg-M.jpg

Thanks for taking a peek ;-)

If there're any golfers in the house who're interested, here's a link to their site:
http://www.seminolegolfcourse.com/

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Hey Lee, these are great and glad to hear you're shooting for yourself! I think the color in these are fine, as twilight can always be a little on the cool side anyway. You can always warm them up a bit and see if you like them better.

Overall I love the first shot, then the last two. They have the right amount of fill light without going overboard. I think the course folks would love these.
  • LeeHowellLeeHowell Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    Hey Lee, these are great and glad to hear you're shooting for yourself! I think the color in these are fine, as twilight can always be a little on the cool side anyway. You can always warm them up a bit and see if you like them better.

Overall I love the first shot, then the last two. They have the right amount of fill light without going overboard. I think the course folks would love these.

Thanks! Yeah, I sent them over to them to this afternoon...Maybe they'll give the maintenance crew a raise after looking them over? :-P