Happy Holidays All- See you next year

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited December 1, 2010 in People
Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah. We are leaving tomorrow for our vacation in Asia so I thought I send you all a holiday greeting now. Hopefully I'll have some cool pictures to share when we get back. We're headed to meet my wife's parents in the Philippines, they spend their winters there. We'll visit a 3 islands there and then head to Thailand, maybe Singapore and Korea on the way home. Very excited but I know I will miss home since we'll be gone for a month.

Hope all of you have a nice and safe Holiday!! :thumb
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    What?! And you aren't taking me with you? The heck is up with that?!

[have fun out there! be careful of the water in Thailand. haha!]
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Bon voyage!

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Merry Christmas back at you!! Hope you and your wife have a great time. Looking forward to some pictures!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Happy Holidays and Safe Travels!!!
    Canon Fan
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    If your stay will accommodate it, I'd recommend you visit Boracay, Puerto Princesa in Palawan, and Puerto Galera in Mindoro. You won't be disappointed. However, your wife will surely get angry at you since you won't have time to put your camera down with all those gorgeous sceneries to look at. Watch out for street photography, you'd be in for a treat as the central district Metro Manila has one of the most lively streets (lots of varied activities) all day. Bon Voyage and have a safe trip! thumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Bon voyage - have a great trip!
  • b08rsab08rsa Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah. We are leaving tomorrow for our vacation in Asia so I thought I send you all a holiday greeting now. Hopefully I'll have some cool pictures to share when we get back. We're headed to meet my wife's parents in the Philippines, they spend their winters there. We'll visit a 3 islands there and then head to Thailand, maybe Singapore and Korea on the way home. Very excited but I know I will miss home since we'll be gone for a month.

Hope all of you have a nice and safe Holiday!! thumb.gif

May your wife and you have a safe travel. Cannot wait to see some photo's.
    Sony A7ii, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens, Sony FE85mm f/1.8 Lens, Sony FE 28-70 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Lens, Godox 860iiS Flash.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Be safe, we'll miss you!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Thanks all. We are leaving tonight. Not looking forward to the long flight. I think it's like 15 hours or something close to that.

@Jiro... we are going to Boracay. I know that for sure. I think we are also going to Palawan but I'm not sure. My in-laws live in Global City, which I believe is in Manila. Thailand we are going to Phuket and Bangkok. We are hoping to go to Singapore but not 100% yet. It just depends on how things workout.

This is my first trip to this part of the world so really looking forward to it. Going to check out deals on camera gear while in Bangkok. Been trying to research if prices are better there and found some indications that you can get pretty good deals but we'll see. Specifically, I'll be looking for a 70-200 f/2.8. We'll see. Hopefully, I won't end up buying a box with rocks inside :D
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Safe Travels, Alex.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    If you got time check out "HIDALGO STREET" in downtown Manila. It's part of the old Manila. You can find some great deals on lenses in that area. I used to buy some good old nikon and canon lenses back then there. Good luck. Sounds like you have a good route ahead of you and your wife.
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/