#2 Soft Water
1101842151_XurrQ-L-1.jpg

#3 Venus Rising
1111069213_iTmXQ-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking

Comments

• jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    LOVE!!! the first one :)I was with the betterhalf sat and I had my camera and I was taking pics of trees with no leaves and he was like what are you doing and I told him it was stick season and Im takeing pics of trees lol now he thinks Im not wrapped to tight lol.Oh well thats okay.
  • WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    Thanks for the comments, Jackiejay

The "drab" season is tough. There are a few bright spots of color though;

I took a walk in the woods on Friday and I was surprised by how well the ferns hold up in this season. Even the pine trees take on a flat, grayish olive green tone but the ferns still look like its spring;

Snowy Fern
    1115563237_5vg8J-L.jpg

Friday had a very rare period of patchy blue sky which added some color to puddles of water.

Reflections
    1115562865_it9NN-L.jpg

regards,
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    Oh the fern shot turned out nicely I got a couple fern shots last week youres are much better.Nice capture on the last pic the reflection turned out great
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    I love the first one too -- makes me want to take a walk.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    Nice set, Werner.

I'm with Mary on the first one....makes me want to get out and stroll down the trail.

I like the " Venus " shot . It makes me think of a pagan ritual....I'm not sure why.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    Nice set, Werner.

I'm with Mary on the first one....makes me want to get out and stroll down the trail.

I like the " Venus " shot . It makes me think of a pagan ritual....I'm not sure why.

Tom

Thanks for the comments. I titled it "Venus Rising" rather than "Sunrise" because I didn't want you all to think that the white dot was a dirty sensor and that I was a sloppy housekeeper.:D

The road is a "jeep" road extention of the road I live on. It is a nice place to walk anytime, even in "stick" season.

Along the way there is an old hunting camp;
    1077394777_SxY5d-L-1.jpg

It's fun to peek into the windows.

Kettles on the Stove
    1077392343_JWaLQ-L.jpg

If you are interested in old stuff you can download a larger version and zoom in. The left side wall paper is old newspapers with advertising for a $26 cream separator (Vermont is dairy farm country) and the yellow object is a "Blue Ribbon" cigar box.
    http://wernerg.smugmug.com/Vermont/Mad-River-Valley/DSC4544/1077392343_JWaLQ-X3.jpg
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    I like the "snowy fern". I'm a sucker for subtle lightings. :D Great shot WernerG. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    Kettles on the stove thumb.gifthumb