First Shot at a Fashion Show

KsjonesKsjones Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited December 10, 2010 in People
Had about zero light. Not super happy with them, but hey! i gave it a shot.

1110695289_KbVut-XL.jpg

1110721529_4AtZ3-XL.jpg

1110726648_BkCeQ-XL.jpg

1110720558_oWMCh-XL.jpg

more here
My Website

-K. Spencer Jones

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    yeah lighting looks a bit tough. backgrounds look very cluttered as well. Where was this shot?
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • KsjonesKsjones Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    it was at a restaurant/bar place. Not exactly the perfect venue for shooting a show like this haha
    My Website

-K. Spencer Jones
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    You did well with what you had.......who ever produced this show was totally oblivious to how a Fashion show should look.......
    We had a bar here that put on fashion shows several times a year....but it was lit and there was a follow spot to make sure all
    the patrons could see the girls as they walked across the runway......but they tried to follow the NY fashion shows he had gotten
    invited to.....maybe make a polite suggestion that if they do this again, to have it lit so the patrons can see the outfits well.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2010
    Well I think you did as good a job as possible in this type of lighting and given me something to think about when I shoot a similar event in Hollywood this weekend at the Ecco Lounge. It's entirely lit up by LED lighting so I will probably have similar conditions.
    I am going to take a falsgun (off camera bracket) and fire it via manual mode to augment the lighting just in case....
    I do like the last one best....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • KsjonesKsjones Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2010
    Thanks, yeah i think if i work with them in the future, i'm going to try and help them out with the set up.
    My Website

-K. Spencer Jones
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2010