Options

Usability issue on Drag+Drop Beta uploader

luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited September 12, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi there,

You said you wanted to hear about issues with the drag+drop beta uploader...

I have a little difficulty with it. I'm using a multi-display system. If I drag a photo onto it, there is no immediate response, and the 'uploading' dialog appears at the top left of the first monitor. If the target-window is on the second or third display, I may not notice it, think nothing has happened and repeat the operation.

I've made this mistake several times now. I don't know how fast Java's drag+drop handers are, but perhaps it might be worth displaying a simple response on the window as fast as possible to assure the user something is happening.

I'm using 512K ADSL at the moment.

It's not so much a problem for me (a couple more mistakes and I'll have engrained the new pattern), but I was thinking it might annoy/confuse new users...

I'm using Java 1.5, J2SE 1.5, or J2SE 5, or whatever today's prefered way is of detailing Java version numbers is.... :dunno

Generally it seems pretty good though... :):

Just a thought anyhow,

Cheers,

Luke

Comments

• Options
    luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2005
    And whilst we're at it...
    And the second upload that I had to cancel, doesn't appear to have been properly cancelled. Instead it's just uploaded ~2% of the photo, leaving a corrupt image that I need to delete...

I appreciate the balance between seperating badly saved and connection damaged images is a difficult one, and you probably don't have all that many CPU cycles to burn on the matter...

Call me lazy if you will ;)

Cheers,

Luke