Pentax K-x

konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
edited December 2, 2010 in Cameras
I'm getting a Pentax K-x for Christmas :clap - looking for advice on batteries - should I go with Lithium or Rechargable Ni-Cad??

Thanx
--- Kono ---
Pentax K-x and assorted lenses

Comments

• GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Congratulations! A really fantastic value right now, the high ISO is spectacular, from what I've seen.

Spend the money on Sanyo Eneloop batteries. They maintain their charge over periods of unuse better than other rechargeables, and I haven't worn out a set in 8000 shots. thumb.gif
  • konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2010
    Thanx for that info, I'll definitely check them out - any recommendations for a flash??
    --- Kono ---
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2010
    I have the AF360 flash, and it's "ok." Has a lot of nice features-- including an "Auto" mode if you're shooting with legacy glass. However, the lack of swivel has really become a PITA.

You might want to check http://pttl.mattdm.org/, which has a good overview of the P-TTL flashes available for Pentax.
    edited December 2, 2010
    MarkR wrote: »
    I have the AF360 flash, and it's "ok." Has a lot of nice features-- including an "Auto" mode if you're shooting with legacy glass. However, the lack of swivel has really become a PITA.

You might want to check http://pttl.mattdm.org/, which has a good overview of the P-TTL flashes available for Pentax.

Yeah, that is the only bugger. In theory, the solution is to trigger it wirelessly when shooting in portrait mode, I just need to get better at mastering the controls and get a compact lightstand.

The Sigma 530 is probably a better option new, and the larger pentax a better option used.
  • konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2010
    ouch - $200 flashes - that's half the price of the camera. I'll check the list that Mark provided tonight (can't get to it from work).
    --- Kono ---
    edited December 2, 2010
    konomaniac wrote: »
    ouch - $200 flashes - that's half the price of the camera. I'll check the list that Mark provided tonight (can't get to it from work).

I generally use faster lenses and try to forego the flash. You should be able to shoot at ISO 1600 with no problem on the K-x, so a flash wouldn't be too high on my list. In a pinch, the built in flash will do.
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2010
    konomaniac wrote: »

Also check the used forums-- Flashes don't hold their value quite as well as lenses, so there are some good deals to be had.