Options

calenders without wire binding?

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited January 29, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Anyone know a place that does really limited print runs (5-10) on non-wire bound calenders? Most of the places I've found have minimum print runs of 500 or so.

130809581.jpg

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    BFauskaBFauska Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    If you created images of the calendar pages you could try the new photo books that have been mentioned around here a few times lately.

http://www.poyomi.com/
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    It might be worth your while to look at getting some binding supplies from Office Max or Depot and do it yourself..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    daylightimagesdaylightimages Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    There's a print-on-demand company called MagCloud that prints magazines one at a time -- and a saddle-stitched magazine turned on its side could be a calendar! A few caveats -- saddle stitching requires a page count in multiples of four, so you'd need a 16-page calendar. Since it's actually printed as a magazine there would be no hanging hole punched in it, and you're going to have lighter-weight paper than you'd likely get by ordering calendars from Lulu and the like. And you need to know how to produce print-ready PDF's to use it. Cost? $.20 per page, so your 16-page calendar would cost $3.20.

Check it out at www.magcloud.com.
    Steve Barry
    The Railroad Photographer
    www.railroadphotographer.com
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2010
    I have also seen people just do a 11x17 piece of paper folded in half with a saddle staple in the middle.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    There's a print-on-demand company called MagCloud that prints magazines one at a time -- and a saddle-stitched magazine turned on its side could be a calendar! A few caveats -- saddle stitching requires a page count in multiples of four, so you'd need a 16-page calendar. Since it's actually printed as a magazine there would be no hanging hole punched in it, and you're going to have lighter-weight paper than you'd likely get by ordering calendars from Lulu and the like. And you need to know how to produce print-ready PDF's to use it. Cost? $.20 per page, so your 16-page calendar would cost $3.20.

That's a good idea, thanks!
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2011

Ohh -- what a great resource! The calender idea is a great one but I like the idea of promo pieces and take-away portfolios too! The price is definitely reasonable. Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    edited January 29, 2011
    http://www.magcloud.com/browse/Issue/152659

Thanks to a tip from Steve @ Daylightimages -- I was able to produce my first ever swimwear calendar! It's available for order and only $7.99!

And yeah, I know it's a little late but it took longer than I expected to proof everything (magcloud sends physical copies via mail) and I had some layout issues. To make up for the "lost" month, I included a bonus pic on the final page with a 2012 planning calendar.

Thanks again for the tip, Steve!