Options

Pricing help on a b-day party

rogerchesterrogerchester Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited December 2, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Hay everyone

I could use so help on a price for a small job i have coming up. Its a birthday party for a 13 year old. I have recently done my first wedding for this people. So i dont want to over price this. It will be 3 hours on site and i guess i will give them all the photos (not sure yet how they want to work the photos). Still trying to get my name out their. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone for all your great posts i always come here first when i am stuck on something. :scratch
canon 40D EF70- 200mm 1:2.8 l is usm EF28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2010
    My experience with kids birthday parties would indicate it dosen't matter what price you put on this job, they will most likley gasp in horror at anything above $20.

The inevitable come back will go something along the lines of " But we just want a few snaps taken".

A basic price for this that I wouldn't go any lower on ( and personally would price higher) would be $300.

When they gasp in horror, anticipate the reaction and ring a few electritians, Plumbers and handy men in the area and see what they would charge to hang around for 3 hours.

Put it in proportion for them and then stick to your guns. They wouldn't get a tradesman for that price, Why should they expect a professional to be cheaper?

AND>>>> If your charging anything, you are a pro so don't cut the rug out of the game and do lowball pricing.
    Either do the job at a proper rate or don't charge or do it at all.