Discovered!!! Our Nation's First Enclosed Mall

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited December 4, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
1112048751_r87Q3-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2010
    I always love shopping at a mall where they have a Chemical sign predominately posted out front!

Nice find Tom thumb.gif
    Randy
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2010
    You hit the jock pot with that one Tom......:D Did you do any shopping there???? Great find.......thumb.gif gary
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

I love it, I like how Randy immediately saw the Chemical Sign:D:D:D

Must be the Motorcycle Rider and his Haunts.

Hope Ya'll are staying warm Up There!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2010
    Well, Randy, I'm not surprised that you picked right up on that sign....being as you're ol' eagle-eye himself. Honestly, it wasn't until I started to post the image that the irony of the sign hit me.

Ride safe my friend,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited December 3, 2010
    Hey Gary,

I really wanted to go in that place but it was locked up tight. I don't think it's been an operable business for some time but I would have liked to poke around the old place.

Take care,

Tom
    edited December 3, 2010
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Tom,

I love it, I like how Randy immediately saw the Chemical Sign:D:D:D

Must be the Motorcycle Rider and his Haunts.

Hope Ya'll are staying warm Up There!!!

Craig....I think you're on to something big with your suspicions about Randy.rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Tom
  • vintagemxrvintagemxr Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    thumb.gif

Tom, that's one of those places that deserves a trip or two to back catch it in a different lighting situations. I could imagine the whole mood of the place changing from silly to sinister depending on the light.

Doug
    "A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
  • Y_KnotY_Knot Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    Is this in NC ? It looks familiar, But I could be wrong.

Steve
    edited December 4, 2010
    Hi Doug,

Good to hear from you. You're absolutely right in that the perceived character of this place changes significantly with the light. I've seen it in all sorts of light....this shot, taken on a cold overcast day, gave me an opportunity to show it with a somewhat foreboding overture. It is a scene I'll play with again.

Take care,

Tom
    edited December 4, 2010
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for looking in. This place is in NC. Leaving the Valle Crucis area and heading over to Banner Elk, you go through the little community of Matney. Don't blink or you'll miss it. This Matney Mall is right up on the road.

Tom
  • Y_KnotY_Knot Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for looking in. This place is in NC. Leaving the Valle Crucis area and heading over to Banner Elk, you go through the little community of Matney. Don't blink or you'll miss it. This Matney Mall is right up on the road.

Tom

Hey Tom, Thanks for refreshing my memory. I knew I had seen that before. I haven't been on that road for a while. I've traveled all over that area for 30 some yrs. working. I live in N. Wilkesboro a little over 1 hr. away. Thanks for the great pics.

Steve