Still playing in the mud

tsiyatsiya Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited June 30, 2004 in Wildlife
Caught this guy taking a break, there are 8 or 10 in sight at any time. I never had a clue when I put in the little garden pond just how much activity it would attract.

Comments

• cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2004
    tsiya wrote:
    Caught this guy taking a break, there are 8 or 10 in sight at any time. I never had a clue when I put in the little garden pond just how much activity it would attract.
    What lens and setting did you use? How much cropping?
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • tsiyatsiya Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2004
    Not a lot of cropping,
    cmr164 wrote:
    What lens and setting did you use? How much cropping?
    Darnit, Charles, I put basic exif on the photo and no one notices. I have started to record exif data this way on the shots that come closest to what I want, My old brain leaks, but this way, when I get on a bad streak, I can go back and see what worked. I was filling up space with little 1kb exif files, now I just tag it on at the bottom, and delete the file. It may actually use more space, but I don't have to look for the data this way. I spend a lot of time in the yard, and can get very close to the regulars, even the bugs. They just seem to accept Me as harmless and slow.
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2004
    tsiya wrote:
    Darnit, Charles, I put basic exif on the photo and no one notices. I have started to record exif data this way on the shots that come closest to what I want, My old brain leaks, but this way, when I get on a bad streak, I can go back and see what worked. I was filling up space with little 1kb exif files, now I just tag it on at the bottom, and delete the file. It may actually use more space, but I don't have to look for the data this way. I spend a lot of time in the yard, and can get very close to the regulars, even the bugs. They just seem to accept Me as harmless and slow.
    Maybe I am being dense but I just don't get '-1.70' or '9.1' or '100' (I can guess that the latter is ISO)
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • tsiyatsiya Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2004
    Exifer files
    cmr164 wrote:
    Maybe I am being dense but I just don't get '-1.70' or '9.1' or '100' (I can guess that the latter is ISO)
    'Model' 'Exposure time ' 'Exposure bias [EV]' 'Exposure index' 'F-Number' 'Focal length [mm]' 'ISO value' 'Shutter speed ' 'Aperture' 'Comment'
    'C4100Z,C4000Z' '1/800' '-1.70' '' 'F3.2' '9.1' '100' '' '' ''

Exifer creates a file like this. Since I really keep the data for My own reference, I condense it. I can view exif in Photoshop, but have not been able to get a copy of it in a form that Windows will open. I have been told that exif can be encoded in the image so it can be viewed by opening "properties". I don't know how to do that, or if I misunderstood someone, and it can't be done. I am not yet quite senile, but find that I need to work harder to figure things out sometimes, although I don't think I've done too bad, in less than a year, from not even be able to turn on a computer. I learn things in, I suppose, curious ways, a whole new language was created while I worked those 60 and 70 hour weeks, and it sometimes seems that tutorials are written in it, so I usually just lurch around trying things until something works. If I can get a few photos out of a hundred that please Me, I consider it worth the effort, if they please others, that is even nicer.
    Dense? I don't think so, but, I will bet I can discuss questions about technology none of You youngsters have even heard of.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v244/tsiya/