First attempt at textures...

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited December 6, 2010 in People
Inspired by the great stuff that DarrenTroyC is doing, I just had to try some texture stuff. Any comments good and bad would be appreciated.

1112822362_U3PHi-XL.jpg
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2010
    This is really cool and colorful.....
    Bravo!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    Thanks for Rey. Too colorful? My daughter says she wants a shirt like this...
    Mike J

Facebook
  • ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    Mike J wrote: »
    Thanks for Rey. Too colorful? My daughter says she wants a shirt like this...

It's definitely cool and not too colorful at all. The colors work very well. In fact, I had to really study the texture in the shirt before I even saw it the continuity from the background. However, there is a slight masking artifact on the underside of her left arm that looks like the shirt. I might just crop it a bit tighter at the shoulder to remove the skin from view.
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    It's definitely cool and not too colorful at all. The colors work very well. In fact, I had to really study the texture in the shirt before I even saw it the continuity from the background. However, there is a slight masking artifact on the underside of her left arm that looks like the shirt. I might just crop it a bit tighter at the shoulder to remove the skin from view.
    Nice catch on the masking issue. I've gone back and fixed that up. Thanks for the comments.
    Mike J

Facebook