Mikayla, again. This time, at 6 weeks old.

l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited December 5, 2010 in People
So I shot Mikayla's newborn pictures (seen here) when she was two weeks old and didn't get as many as I would have liked. We were on a time crunch so I didn't have the hours to play with her like I would have preferred so I offered her mom a re-visit. Of course, she took me up on the offer.

So here's Miss Mikayla, again.

1. This just makes me melt. I'm partial, but I'm in love with this b/w conversion. I fought and fought the color version of this picture to the point of seriously screwing it up, I acquire this action and run and within two clicks this happens. Kinda bittersweet about that but oh well.
5230188633_27909e9441.jpg

2. Not technically perfect, but the look on her face was too cute to trash. And I RARELY have babies awake.
5230783028_9fe462b3b6.jpg

3. Waiting for Santa.
5230189143_efe5f50cc0.jpg

4. Cliche', I know, I know. Too many wrinkles in the blanket, I know I know (Angie, I didn't even attempt to blow it out :rofl) but it was too cute to trash. She's the ONLY baby that's been naked for shots that didn't christen a blanket.
5230189495_2e43a82a66.jpg

5. Purple and gold. Her mom graduated from LSU so we had to have a few not-so-obvious purple and gold shots thrown in.
5230783826_6a69de0c43.jpg

6. Again, cliche' and probably over done but there's a story behind it.
When Mikayla's Daddy decided to propose to her Mommy, they'd gone out for a movie/dinner date. The movie they were going to see was sold out so they had to see something else and he didn't want to propose then, they went out for dinner and he hated the food/service so he didn't want to have the proposal associated with that, then they went for a walk and it started to rain so he couldn't propose then. They get home and he asks her for a foot rub and he slipped the ring on his toes so she'd see it. It's only fitting that Mikayla now have it on her toes, too!
5230189843_f40f965f35.jpg

7. Now that I'm seeing this on flickr, I'm seeing how dark it is, it'll be lightened before Mom sees the final copy, I just couldn't resist it.
5230784164_679b237581.jpg

C&C Always welcome!

Comments

• ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    These are really adorable. I'll have the privilege of shooting the daughter of my first wedding couple who will be about 7 weeks at her baptism in 2 weeks. I'll certainly be studying this series closely before then. Would you mind sharing your lighting setup for these?
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    She's the daughter of my first engagement session (her parents on on my website, actually) and I did part of her wedding. Kinda. Hard to explain, but I got the shots I know her hired photog didn't get (mainly, her getting ready... her flower girls being cute, etc) so it was full circle for me, too.

My lighting setup is easy, promise! Check out the previous thread I did of her, there's a behind the scenes shot posted there. Basically, we were setup about arm's distance from a big glass door on a bright and sunny day. The lighting changes throughout because I'd angle her depending on where the sun (or clouds) were, sometimes she was parallel to the window, other times she was perpendicular to it, just varied on what I was trying to do.
  • CASowersCASowers Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    did you pose her hands like that in #3?? That one, for me, is just perfect. Really great series. Lighting is simply gorgeous.
    Chris Sowers
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    CASowers wrote: »
    did you pose her hands like that in #3?? That one, for me, is just perfect. Really great series. Lighting is simply gorgeous.

Yup, good luck getting a 6 week old to do that on her own.

I have a few more with her in that pose shot from above that make her look all snuggly and even more asleep, they just aren't finished yet.

Thanks for the kind words, gotta love sunlight!