Gotta get back to the BEACH

jaharris1001jaharris1001 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited December 4, 2010 in Landscapes
the beach is callin my name,, gotta get back to my favorite beach in Florida, Flagler Beach :wink

5231495511_ee5b820470_b.jpg
6 by jaharris1001, on Flickr
"I'm growing older,, but not up"
Jimmy Buffet

Comments

• dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    Very nice! Love the color comp and textures. thumb.gif
  • jaharris1001jaharris1001 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    Thanks for commenting Dan thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Jimmy Buffet
  • JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    Nice.

I like the depth of field. I've never shot that wide, with a 10mm lens, can you handhold it for 1/10th of a second? Or did you set up a tripod in the wet sand?
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    Nice Shot! I like the subject matter. Great color and clarity. The rocks to the right help balance out the photo and the tone of the clouds really highlight the rock and green color. I think I would like the photo better without the distance boardwalk/steps though. My eye is distracted by it. I suppose it's something that could be cloned out. Others may like it, so it's just a subjective opinion.
    edited December 4, 2010
    kolibri wrote: »
    Nice.

I like the depth of field. I've never shot that wide, with a 10mm lens, can you handhold it for 1/10th of a second? Or did you set up a tripod in the wet sand?
    this was tripod mounted thumb.gif the Canon 10-22 is my favorite lens for such landscapes,, I love the Ultra wide angle lens' for these shots,, thanks for commenting !!
    TreyHoff wrote: »
    Nice Shot! I like the subject matter. Great color and clarity. The rocks to the right help balance out the photo and the tone of the clouds really highlight the rock and green color. I think I would like the photo better without the distance boardwalk/steps though. My eye is distracted by it. I suppose it's something that could be cloned out. Others may like it, so it's just a subjective opinion.
    Thanks Trey,, I debated about the walkway myself, there were some very distracting posts on the walkway that I did clone out but decided to leave the walkway in,, I could have gone either way on this one :D I appreciate your looking and commenting !!
    Jimmy Buffet
  • ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    beautiful, love the comp. and exposure.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    Love the textures and subtle colors. well done.
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    One of those photos that makes you feel that you are standing right there. Very nice! Best, Pam
    edited December 4, 2010
    Thank you Robert, Doug and Pam, your comments are much appreciated !! thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Jimmy Buffet