karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
edited December 12, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    Nice! Two thoughts:

1. I'd like to see it in B&W
    2. I'd like to see a tighter crop with part of the left side cropped out.

It could be that the one you have is the best, I'd just like to see the other options.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    Nice! Two thoughts:

1. I'd like to see it in B&W
    2. I'd like to see a tighter crop with part of the left side cropped out.

It could be that the one you have is the best, I'd just like to see the other options.

15524779-Ti.gif
    The branches on the left are a little distracting from the main subject matter. In a sense, I do like the pool and the pattern on the water, but it is still a little too busy. An alternative to cropping if you want to keep the pool is to darken the left side a bit.
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    I wouldn't mind seeing a B&W too, but you captured beautiful light here, so the colors in this IMO are very nice. My crop suggestion might be a little from the bottom, to give it more of that thirds feel. Hope that helps!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2010
    Thanks for all the comments so far!

Here is the b&w version:

1115445459_Adakg-XL.jpg

Crop #1:

1115445728_ogv6M-XL.jpg

Thoughts? :D
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2010
    Love the colored crop version. The B&W is nice, but IMO color is the way to go for this shotclap.gif Very nice!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    I like the color version too and the crop did the job!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,276 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    Another vote for the colored, cropped version! Looks great.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    WildBlueWildBlue Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited December 7, 2010
    Color Crop 1, without a doubt!
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    The crop really worked! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2010
    Thank you all for the great feedback! I will definitely be entering the color crop. :D
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2010
    So I logged into the gallery and uploaded my image as the user "challenges" like I normally do. Usually when I log back out, I see my uploaded image. This time, however, I only see my uploaded image if I am logged in as the "challenges" user. Has anyone seen this before? Could a mod possibly take a look at that?

Cheers,
    Karl
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2010
    karlabbott wrote: »
    So I logged into the gallery and uploaded my image as the user "challenges" like I normally do. Usually when I log back out, I see my uploaded image. This time, however, I only see my uploaded image if I am logged in as the "challenges" user. Has anyone seen this before? Could a mod possibly take a look at that?

Cheers,
    Karl

It is better to post this kind of thing in the entry thread. Sean will be sure to see it there. And I see it in the gallery when not logged in.

Nice pic!
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2010
    karlabbott wrote: »

Cheers,
    Karl

I've seen it before, not sure why it happens, definitely post it in the entry thread to be sure Sean sees it.
    Karin

• Options
    edited December 12, 2010
    Thanks for the help! In the future, I'll definitely post issues like that to the entry thread. I'd do that now, but I can see my image and others have said the same, so their is not an issue as far as I'm concerned.

Karl