Silhouette of sheep

AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited December 6, 2010 in Landscapes
I was hoping to have some guidance towards this image I took this evening. So please tell me if you do or don't like it :D

5234893123_5348aec3ea_b.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    Wow this is cool! looks like a great migration. I wonder what if you crop from half.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    Wow this is cool! looks like a great migration. I wonder what if you crop from half.

Damn! You just reminded me :P I should have done that in the first place! Thankyou, Awais Yaqub.
    edited December 5, 2010
    5234893123_ac6d1f426a_b.jpg

This is the closer crop.
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    I like it great concept youre work is very good and I enjoy seeing it :)
  • Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    This is great photography, the sort of shot that grabs your attention with the strong simple color and tone contrast and then draws your eye in to see the detail, one sheep at a time. Takes great control to keep an image this simple. thumb.gif
    edited December 6, 2010
    jackiejay wrote: »
    I like it great concept youre work is very good and I enjoy seeing it :)

Thankyou JackieJay! I have ever only done a Silhouette once before and that turned out bad to say the least. So I was skeptic about it, but the conditions were perfect, no clouds, sun had set, sheep in the frame and thought why not? and I was surprised how little I had to do in photoshop because the sky there is real and so is the exposure all I had to do was get rid of some sensor dust and put my name on it.
    edited December 6, 2010
    Chris H wrote: »
    This is great photography, the sort of shot that grabs your attention with the strong simple color and tone contrast and then draws your eye in to see the detail, one sheep at a time. Takes great control to keep an image this simple. thumb.gif

Thanks Chris! My only personal gripe that I couldn't change unless I grabbed the sheep and physically pull them apart is that in the middle they kind of all huddle together leaving a black mush of sheep, haha. It was a fun shot to take and would love to do it again!
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited December 6, 2010
    very nice
    maybe just a dozen or so in the frame would be better, so each one is clearly shown,
    just a thought:D
    phil
    edited December 6, 2010
    GOLDENORFE wrote: »
    very nice
    maybe just a dozen or so in the frame would be better, so each one is clearly shown,
    just a thought:D
    phil

Thanks Goldenorfe, I would love to see that, shame there wasn't many out. :cry
  • NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    The New Crop gave it more of a Pano Feel, but it also helped play on the Diagonal of the hill in the Frame, and IMO it needed that... without more foreground to work with , I think this Pano style is Working!
    Please Do Not Edit My Images/or Use Without Permission..
    edited December 6, 2010
    The New Crop gave it more of a Pano Feel, but it also helped play on the Diagonal of the hill in the Frame, and IMO it needed that... without more foreground to work with , I think this Pano style is Working!

Thankyou! :D