Olivia McCrankypants

IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
edited December 7, 2010 in People
My (first) newborn session yesterday was a bit chaotic. Week-old Olivia was not havin' it, despite full tummy and turned-up thermostat. We got some nice images, but no cute newborn "portraits" of the star attraction.

Olivia and Seamus
1114449410_VyeeR-L.jpg

Olivia, Katie and Seamus
1115521828_QrYVd-XL.jpg
John :
Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.

Comments

• BBstringerBBstringer Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    Icebear,

Babies cry and I love shots that show everything they do. Cry, pout, grimace and any number of other things that make them babies. The shot shows the Mother's tentativeness about her baby crying on the shoot and the father's body shows a great caring and concern...I just love these shots because to me they feel quite real and in the moment. Good work.
  • CASowersCASowers Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    In addition to loving the thread title, #2 really is a terrific shot.
    Chris Sowers
  • FotobyMoMoFotobyMoMo Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    Not sure why but in #2, the blacks look noisy?
    BTW Iceberg* Hello from another NOVA local!!!
    www.fotobymomo.com | www.facebook.com/fotobymomo

Gear List: Canon 5D Mm2 | T1i (backup) | 16-35 2.8L | 27-200 2.8L Mk2 | 24-105 4L | Sigma 85mm 1.4 | Canon 580ex flash
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    Thanks BB and Chris. I agree, BB, that the dad looks very protective, without looking afraid. I made him turn his black Jeagermeister t-shirt around backwards. A bit too edgy for me otherwise. He's a P.E. teacher, and pretty burley. I wanted him to take his t-shirt off, but Mom wouldn't hear of it. Probably wise.

Olivia peed all over one of my drapes. Mom was horrified, but I laughed. Told her that pee kinda goes with the territory.
    John :
    edited December 6, 2010
    FotobyMoMo wrote: »
    Not sure why but in #2, the blacks look noisy?
    BTW Iceberg* Hello from another NOVA local!!!

Not on my monitors. And not at 1:1. Man, you scared the daylights out of me, but I think you're seeing something that's not really in the image. Where are youseeing noise (and is anyone else seeing it?)

Where's your home turf?
    John :
  • FotobyMoMoFotobyMoMo Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    Not on my monitors. And not at 1:1. Man, you scared the daylights out of me, but I think you're seeing something that's not really in the image. Where are youseeing noise (and is anyone else seeing it?)

Where's your home turf?

In Springfield. I looked at from both monitors I have. I just purchased the i2 screen calibrator a month ago and both monitors are calibrated for printing purpose.

The noise I see is above the girl in #2 and heavy on the guy's t'shirt on his chest. Hmmm, raise your contrast/brightness a little and you'll see it there. Mine is lowered for printing match so yours maybe even darker than mine, which maybe the reason you're not seeing it.
    www.fotobymomo.com | www.facebook.com/fotobymomo

Gear List: Canon 5D Mm2 | T1i (backup) | 16-35 2.8L | 27-200 2.8L Mk2 | 24-105 4L | Sigma 85mm 1.4 | Canon 580ex flash
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    The more I look at #2 the more I like it. A picture that you come back to... what more can you ask for! thumb.gif
    By the way, you are a really funny guy. rolleyes1.gif
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
    edited December 7, 2010
    The more I look at #2 the more I like it. A picture that you come back to... what more can you ask for! thumb.gif
    By the way, you are a really funny guy. rolleyes1.gif

Thank you!! That's a very thoughtful thing to say. About the photo I mean. Me? Funny? Well, I guess the older I get, the funnier my kids think I act. Not sure you mean the same thing though :D.
    John :