Calgary at night,first pano.

freewheelfreewheel Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited December 9, 2010 in Landscapes
This is my first atttempt at a nightshot, 50d, 18-200mm kit lens, no pp just photostitched it. c&c welcome.

christmas2010020_stitch.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2010
    I think with a tripod this could really rock. Obviously there's a bit of camera shake so putting your camera on a stable surface and going for the long exposure would make a real difference. But the composition and even color is nice, so you're almost there! Hope you get more opportunities to do some night shooting :D
  • freewheelfreewheel Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2010
    Thanks Schmoo, I used a tripod but the one I have is fairly cheap, I did not have the center leg cranked up at all. Should I try a better tripod?
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2010
    It definitely needs some better stability for a long exposure. I only have cheap tripods, but on the occasions where it's been a little windy, or something, you can weigh down the centre with some weight hanging on a string. That might give a little more...

Only other thing is the lens...does it have Image Stabilisation? Have I heard that that must be turned off when using a tripod, that it sets up vibrations that were never there? Or did I imagine that?

But as schmoo said, it's a lovely shot, colour-wise, and composition-wise. Definitely you should have another go.