My kids think this looks like a car ad!

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited December 7, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
We celebrated my wife's birthday in Lincoln City here in Oregon. Just for fun we drove our car down onto the beach to get this shot. Lit with a bare SB-800 camera left.

1117761598_jpUSP-XL.jpg
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    it is good enuff for a car ad.......maybe too god for a car ad......seems a lot of ads are getting sloppy, even noticed this with movies, lots of bad exposures and framing.....your shot is great tho.....kid has good eye as does Dad
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    Nice job, Mike. Good control of the main subject....and good use of a terrific background.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    Nice shot and processing Mike thumb.gif

Do I detect a bit of HDR?
    Randy
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    Art Scott wrote: »
    it is good enuff for a car ad.......maybe too god for a car ad......seems a lot of ads are getting sloppy, even noticed this with movies, lots of bad exposures and framing.....your shot is great tho.....kid has good eye as does Dad
    Thanks Art. Great to hear from you. This was just a spur of the moment thing. Just wish it was a Porsche rather than a Honda Civic!
    Nice job, Mike. Good control of the main subject....and good use of a terrific background.

Tom
    Thanks Tom. I wish I could take more credit for really planning out this shot and working at it but I can't. Put the camera on the tripod and got the exposure I wanted on the BG and then put the shutter on timer and then ran to camera left to handhold the SB-800 and hopefully point the head at the car. Got it a little low and have more light on the sand than I would have wanted but oh well...
    rwells wrote: »
    Nice shot and processing Mike thumb.gif

Do I detect a bit of HDR?
    Thanks for commenting Randy. No HDR. I started with a noisy shot as I forgot to reset the D300 ISO so it was at 800. Rather than fight it I just used Lightroom to put a little edge on it.
    Mike J

Facebook
  • NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    I think it could work really well for a Car Ad, and theres plenty of space in Sky for Print Overlay!! I like it!
    Please Do Not Edit My Images/or Use Without Permission..
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    I think it could work really well for a Car Ad, and theres plenty of space in Sky for Print Overlay!! I like it!
    Thanks! I was really hoping for a sunset like the one the night before. You can see that sunset here: http://digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1515376#post1515376
    Mike J

Facebook