Yep, More of Summer's Flowers!

NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited December 7, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Thanks for commenting
Please Do Not Edit My Images/or Use Without Permission..

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 7, 2010
    Another gorgeous set. Well done.

Just curious--are all these shots in natural light or do you use flash/reflectors/diffusers/whatever?
  • NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    Thanks Richard!
    Actually I shoot usually very early in the Morning, biggest problem in flower shooting is Wind, early morning usually the calmest.. I also use Flash a lot, tilted/Angled or even reduced Power.. I also use Umbrella to bounce Flash or for Shading the flower itself... I try to single out flowers with the least background distractions, and Lines from Stems or Etc. distracts from the flow... I also use a Black T-Shirt/ or umbrella itself to enhance a background and throw out any distractions t a solo flower.. A T-shirt is light weight and can easily be draped over other flowers to provide a solid background..

dgrin1.jpg

I find the umbrella to be Priceless in flower shooting, and with the use of Tripod and Timer , u are also hands free to hold it Mary Poppins style and control the light where you want it or Diffused!! You might also notice the Black Circle at bottom of Umbrella in the above shot lol... This is a Coffee Can Top.. I sometimes place this in a shot out of frame for color match in processing lol...
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 7, 2010
    Great information. Thanks. thumb.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    Looking at your work, it's readily apparent that the images are not simple snapshots. You don't get that sort of production without the thought and preparation you obviously put into the effort.

Thanks for giving us a little insight as to your work processes. It's all very interesting. Your pictures reflect the degree of professionalism behind them.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    Looking at your work, it's readily apparent that the images are not simple snapshots. You don't get that sort of production without the thought and preparation you obviously put into the effort.

Thanks for giving us a little insight as to your work processes. It's all very interesting. Your pictures reflect the degree of professionalism behind them.

Tom

lol the preparation is sometimes a bit of weeding , to remove unwanteds in the shot lol... What better reason to weed huh!