Options

E-session at Arrington Vineyards, TN

WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
edited December 7, 2010 in Weddings
I'm pretty happy with these, and we had some nice cloud cover, making for excellent natural lighting. The couple was fun and easy to work with.
Arrington Vineyards is owned by Kix Brooks, who is half of the (now retired) monster country music duo "Brooks & Dunn".

I would really like some C&C on this set if you can spare a moment. Is my processing too much? Too trendy? I totally love it, but would like to hear from others. Not just about processing, but anything.
Thanks in advance. :wave

1) IMG_9621.jpg

2) CopyofIMG_9608.jpg

3) IMG_9701z.jpg

4) CopyofIMG_9697.jpg

5) IMG_9660.jpg

6) IMG_9788.jpg

7) IMG_9732.jpg

8) IMG_9761.jpg

9) IMG_9847.jpg

10) IMG_9745.jpg

11) IMG_9836.jpg

12) CopyofIMG_9740.jpg
Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
My Weddings WebsiteBlog

Comments

• Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    These look gooood! Great connection, emotion, & comp.

A few thoughts:
    1. Watch he right hand on the edge of the frame - it's too close to the edge. I would probably crop in and remove it - also the little bit of shirt at the bottom of his sweater.
    2. Next time have him pull his feet way back if you are shooting low with a wide angle, it really exaggerates his feet.
    3. Watch the shadows behind you and where they fall in your frame.
    4. Feet? I think this might look better cropped tighter on the couple, more emotional. Also, the tilt here kinda works for me. Well played.
    6. The bottle looks too far away and not tall enough in the frame.
    7. This feels a little too centered.
    9. I like that you went for a strong pose with her, but she doesn't pull it off. Maybe it's the fingers or the look on her face...
    11. It's a bit soft so add some grain - grain fixes everything :)
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    Like the set and LOVE # 3 but, damn that shadow across her leg! :D
  • Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2010
    OK, I'm posting some corrective measures here. One is for Darren, because he hates the shadow accross the leg, and so do I. I just liked that comp a little better than this one I'm posting. (to correct #3)

Next, for Tenoverthenose, I'm posting a less centered bottle photo. Frankly, I was a bit concerned about the centering, but sometimes it works, sometimes not. Here's my crop. I think these are both improvements. : )

IMG_9702z.jpg

IMG_9732z.jpg
    Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog