where do I send my Canon cam and flash for repair?

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited December 8, 2010 in Cameras
I cannot seem to put my fingers on the address for sending in my Canon 40D and 580EX II for repairs. Help?
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2010
    I think it depends on your location and which service center is close to you unless you are a CPS member.

note: I've sent my gear before and this web site is different than the ones that I've used before.
    I believe the web site gives you the physical address when you fill out the repair estimate form
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited December 8, 2010
    Why not call Canon directly and get the address from them? You can start the repair process, request a quote and get a firm price before sending your camera in.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 8, 2010
    aktse wrote: »
    I think it depends on your location and which service center is close to you unless you are a CPS member.

note: I've sent my gear before and this web site is different than the ones that I've used before.
    I believe the web site gives you the physical address when you fill out the repair estimate form

Yup, fill out that form which will generate a printable repair order that you send in with your equipment. Since you're on the west coast, you'll want to send your repair here.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="744px"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4" valign="top">Canon </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top"> Factory Service Center
    </td> <td valign="top">
    </td> <td valign="top">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top"> 15955 Alton Parkway
    </td> <td valign="top">
    </td> <td valign="top">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top"> Irvine , CA 92618
    </td> <td valign="top">
    </td> <td valign="top">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> Telephone:
    </td> <td valign="top"> 949-753-4200
    </td> <td valign="top">
    </td> <td valign="top">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> Fax:
    </td> <td valign="top"> 949-753-4239
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2010
    Thanks, all! I've done this before, but it was over a year ago and I was having trouble finding my info and remembering exactly what I had done. The only thing I could remember was Irvine, CA. rolleyes1.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography