Options

47- Me and My Shadow

aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
edited September 13, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
That's me and my shadow--taking a shot of oursevles at a l mirrored ceiling.

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2005
    Nice!
    auraflora wrote:
    That's me and my shadow--taking a shot of oursevles at a l mirrored ceiling.
    Very clear shot!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    I'm impressed by your thinking on this, simple idea but a very good one. I was puzzled at first as to how you managed the shot thinking you must have set another camera up or someone else took the shot, but then on re-reading the post, arghhhhhh mirrored ceiling. Brilliant idea. clap.gif
    The whole thing works very well with the shadow, its position and the cobbled street.

The only thing that I could suggest for improvement would be to slightly crop the bottom on this one to take the curve or reflection of what must be a glass wall away. As this is slightly distracting.

If you could re-shoot then try to get the cobbles to run horizontally even across the picture (maybe even trying a landscape attempt). This might even remove the other shadow that is looming behind.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    iloveyou.gif15524779-Ti.gif with SnapHappy. I love this shot and think it is a very creative self portrait.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    Thank you all so much for your comments. Snaphappy--I like your suggestions--only problem is that this mirrored ceiling is in Barcelona and I don;t think I can return there by September 19th. I was on vacation there.

Second problem--I just noticed; this photo is not "fresh"--so it will probably be disqualified. Sorry Andy, didn;t read the "red print" until later. Thanks for your feedback anyhow.

Michal