Options

WCC #16 "Best of 2010"

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited January 2, 2011 in Weddings
I just prepared the gallery for our "best of 2010" photos. You can submit any (two) photos you want, only requirements are that the photos were taken at a wedding, and that the wedding happened in 2010.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE GALLERY

or go to: www.smugmug.com

login: DgrinExtras
password: knockknock

Then go to: Wedding Challenge • 12/2010 • Best of 2010 (part 1)

From there you should be able to upload a pic, but let me know if you have any questions (see top right corner / UPLOAD > TO THIS GALLERY)

When you upload a photo, please name it with YOUR NAME, or your nickname (I need to be able to contact you, if you win, so don't make it too hard, haha). Please do NOT upload full res files as I can't take any responsibilities for it and don't want the photo to end up in the wrong hands. Feel free to put your name on the photo.

Once we announce the winner, you will receive a 1st / 2nd / 3rd place badge :D

The CUT-OFF date is DECEMBER 30th. There will be a public voting January 1-10, and the top 3 photos of this challenge will take part at the GRAND FINALE (also happening in January). So there will be TWO challenges happening in January; one will be a themed challenge (the theme will be chosen by the November-winner), and then there will be a GRAND FINALE challenge happening, where there will be the winner chosen of all "top 3 winners" from 2010 (public voting). :barb

Let me know if you have any questions.

:lust

There are 2 entries per person allowed this time around, so let's see them!!! :lynnma

Comments

• Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2010
    There's always that one person who thinks the rules don't apply to their specific situation...so that will be me this time :)

What about a New Years Eve 2010 wedding? Can I only submit a photo from after midnight? Or is it ok considering :D
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2010
    urbanaries wrote: »
    There's always that one person who thinks the rules don't apply to their specific situation...so that will be me this time :)

What about a New Years Eve 2010 wedding? Can I only submit a photo from after midnight? Or is it ok considering :D

Haha! Welllll, we'll be nice and bend the "rule" for ya, how about that?? :D So, deadline is January 1st, is that ok? :D
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Haha! Welllll, we'll be nice and bend the "rule" for ya, how about that?? :D So, deadline is January 1st, is that ok? :D

Hmmm, I'm actually asking about one from last year...the wedding was on December 31, 2009 > January 1 2010 (I am so good at being difficult!)
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2010
    urbanaries wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm actually asking about one from last year...the wedding was on December 31, 2009 > January 1 2010 (I am so good at being difficult!)

Haha! Oh sorry, my bad!

Sounds good, any photos go Dec 31st 2009 - January 1st 2011, 1am thumb.gif
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2010
    So. First one to upload wins??
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2010
    So. First one to upload wins??

HA! :Drolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2010
    Dang, that was hard! And I might change my mind, if that's even possible. But I went with my gut with them. I had 2 or 3 others that were close contenders, but this will have to do. AHHHH!
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010
    I already know which image I'm entering! I just shot it two days ago!!
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    E-sessions Angie, or wedding day only, bridals, ttd's?

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    Wedding related, Matt! I think.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2010
    mmmatt wrote: »
    E-sessions Angie, or wedding day only, bridals, ttd's?

Matt

E-Sessions, weddings, TTD's + bridals, everything counts, I'd say! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    thumb.gif
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    sgupton13sgupton13 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    Unable to upload? there is no "upload to this site" button? help please!
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2010
    sgupton13 wrote: »
    Unable to upload? there is no "upload to this site" button? help please!

You have to log-in first. Just check the post on top, I explained everything there ... thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2010
    You have to log-in first. Just check the post on top, I explained everything there ... thumb.gif

I tried to log-in and it auto-fills my personal log-in...disable cookies?
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2010
    I just prepared the gallery for our "best of 2010" photos. You can submit any (two) photos you want, only requirements are that the photos were taken at a wedding, and that the wedding happened in 2010.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE GALLERY

or go to: www.smugmug.com

login: DgrinExtras
    password: knockknock

Then go to: Wedding Challenge • 12/2010 • Best of 2010 (part 1)

From there you should be able to upload a pic, but let me know if you have any questions (see top right corner / UPLOAD > TO THIS GALLERY)

When you upload a photo, please name it with YOUR NAME, or your nickname (I need to be able to contact you, if you win, so don't make it too hard, haha). Please do NOT upload full res files as I can't take any responsibilities for it and don't want the photo to end up in the wrong hands. Feel free to put your name on the photo.

Once we announce the winner, you will receive a 1st / 2nd / 3rd place badge :D

The CUT-OFF date is DECEMBER 30th. There will be a public voting January 1-10, and the top 3 photos of this challenge will take part at the GRAND FINALE (also happening in January). So there will be TWO challenges happening in January; one will be a themed challenge (the theme will be chosen by the November-winner), and then there will be a GRAND FINALE challenge happening, where there will be the winner chosen of all "top 3 winners" from 2010 (public voting). wings.gif

Let me know if you have any questions.

iloveyou.gif

There are 2 entries per person allowed this time around, so let's see them!!! cheerleader.gif

Oh my goodness! It uploaded the same picture 2x! Sorry!!!
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2010
    sgupton13 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness! It uploaded the same picture 2x! Sorry!!!

No worries, I deleted it thumb.gif Thanks for submitting! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2011
    Thanks for all the pretty submissions!!! :) I'll see if I can get the PUBLIC voting thing going by tomorrow night. :)