Oh, The Stories I Could Tell......

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited December 9, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
1119468269_csPnK-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2010
    And very solidly built stories depicted, as well! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2010
    You got that right, Don. Even some of the ground floor interior walls were made of that stone.....talk about a stout structure.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2010
    Very nice capture Tom thumb.gif

Man, I would love to have that house! ~ Can you move it for me Tom?
    Randy
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2010
    Great find and a nice image.. Tom.........Sticks fell down, but I don't think this one will...Looks like It is built hell for stout.......:D
    edited December 8, 2010
    Randy, buddy, I hear you. If I could move that house to my new mountain property, I'd forget all about having that new home built. It scares me to death to think of what the labor cost would be today to build a home like that....let alone buying all that stone.

Take care,

Tom
  • NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2010
    Very nice , detail good, as well as POV.. So this was a Home, I mean the two doors seem odd for that? It has the look of an old Mill , or shop of some kind.. In the Woods and thick stone structure , it must have been cold inside,,
    Please Do Not Edit My Images/or Use Without Permission..
    edited December 8, 2010
    Hi Gary,

" built hell for stout ". I'd be hard pressed to come up with a better assesment of this structure. This is one that's going to be around awhile.

Take care my friend,

Tom
    edited December 8, 2010
    Very nice , detail good, as well as POV.. So this was a Home, I mean the two doors seem odd for that? It has the look of an old Mill , or shop of some kind.. In the Woods and thick stone structure , it must have been cold inside,,

Hey Tom,

The two doors do seem a little odd but, having seen the interior layout, I don't see it having been anything but a house. The day I was there was a brutally cold and overcast one. So, yes, it was really cold inside. Your point is well made, though. I bet this thing stayed pretty cool even in the Summer.

Happy holidays,

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2010
    Neat place ... did you take any inside photos? Wonder when it was built.

Cold ... it was cold there :D
    edited December 9, 2010
    Hey Mary,

I didn't get any interior shots of this place during this visit. I'll be stopping by it again when I'm not too concerned about freezing my butt off. I took a quick look around the inside and then fled. It was about 20 degrees ( I know, I know....swimmimg weather for you guys ) and I wasn't really clothed right for hanging around too long.

Happy holidays,

Tom