Options

Pistonheads

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited July 8, 2004 in Landscapes

Comments

• Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2004
    Absolutely love the first one...the blue blurry framing is cool.
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2004
    Its a TVR.... beautiful cars
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2004
    I agree. I really like the first one too. If Dirt Dog sniffs out this thread, I betcha he'll post a ton of car pics, he has a love affair going with 'em.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2004
    Oh man! I love TVRs!!! They are my favorite British car, hands down. I love the Tuscan, but I think Id go with the T350 myself... They just look so awesome!!! All fiberglass bodies and sick engines! The running gear is flawless sports car virtue; thats my dream car! Damn, Grubbs! Your freakin lucky! You get to hang around TVRs, and all I ever see around this stupid state is Mercedes and BMWs and Boxters and ugly-Mustangs!!! Mustang = Tacky.
    Dont get me wrong; drop about $5k-$10k into mustang and you have one of the greatest domestic tuner cars ever! But who does that?
    Any way you could smuggle me a T350 grubbs? I have a friend that'll do the left-hand drive conversion for me, cause forget driving that way here in the States!

Nice pics, by the way! I like the way the Renault looks with that weird coloring its got! Nifty!
    He who throws dirt, loses ground...
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Its a TVR.... beautiful cars
    Lovely shot.. is it yours Gubbs???:D
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Lovely shot.. is it yours Gubbs???:D
    No its not mine Lynn, Pistonheads is a web site with a very active forum for pistonheads, once a month or so they arrange a local meet at a pub, we all walk around salivating in our drinks at the cars, and then all "hoon" out of the car park and head home. It was the first time we've been, I not sure if my wife enjoyed it as much as me??

Not a great picture but this one's mine
    4468648-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2004
    Oh man! I love TVRs!!! They are my favorite British car, hands down. I love the Tuscan, but I think Id go with the T350 myself... They just look so awesome!!! All fiberglass bodies and sick engines! The running gear is flawless sports car virtue; thats my dream car! Damn, Grubbs! Your freakin lucky! You get to hang around TVRs, and all I ever see around this stupid state is Mercedes and BMWs and Boxters and ugly-Mustangs!!! Mustang = Tacky.
    Dont get me wrong; drop about $5k-$10k into mustang and you have one of the greatest domestic tuner cars ever! But who does that?
    Any way you could smuggle me a T350 grubbs? I have a friend that'll do the left-hand drive conversion for me, cause forget driving that way here in the States!

Nice pics, by the way! I like the way the Renault looks with that weird coloring its got! Nifty!
    There were quite a few TVR's there, no T350's though, don't see too many of those yet..... have a look here for import discussions
    The car of the evening for me was the Ultima GTR, I didn't take many pictures but this is a side view
    5664457-S.jpg

The owner built this one himself , can't remember the exact figures but its running over 500bhp from the Chevrolet V8 and weighs around 1000kgs
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2004
    ALMS Race at Lime Rock...
    More here: http://dugmar.smugmug.com/gallery/157286/1

-Doug

5882020-M.jpg

5845219-M.jpg

5882004-M.jpg
  • Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2004
    Dugmar,

I used to work as JJ's tire technician when he was driving for Carl Hogan in the Cart Series. He is a great guy.

Hutch
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2004
    hutchman wrote:
    Dugmar,

I used to work as JJ's tire technician when he was driving for Carl Hogan in the Cart Series. He is a great guy.

Hutch
    He seems it. I used to watch him back in the day in F1 (when they used to pass each other!)

Doug