Options

Can you display both galleries and categories?

yoyostockyoyostock Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited September 13, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Is it possible to display BOTH categories and certain galleries at the same time on the homepage? I'm adding more and more galleries and it's starting to look a little cluttered. I'm thinking I need to just group them as categories, which is no big deal. However, there are some galleries that I'd like to leave as individual galleries (on the homepage) and not be collapsed into a category.

Thanks!

John

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited September 13, 2005
    yoyostock wrote:
    Is it possible to display BOTH categories and certain galleries at the same time on the homepage? I'm adding more and more galleries and it's starting to look a little cluttered. I'm thinking I need to just group them as categories, which is no big deal. However, there are some galleries that I'd like to leave as individual galleries (on the homepage) and not be collapsed into a category.

Thanks!

John
    Try using featured galleries. That might help.

Cheers,
  • Options
    yoyostockyoyostock Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2005
    Thanks, Madrid. Well, I thought of that too, but figured that the featured section might then end up being too cluttered as well. I'm guessing that by the time I'm finished uploading my pictures, I might have about 8-10 different categories of pictures (each containing however many galleries), and about 10-20 galleries that I'd like to set apart as a gallery and not include in a category. (Some of these set apart galleries might go back a few years, and so I'm thinking it would be a bit confusing for them to be in the featured galleries section, don't you think? Plus, I'd like to keep the featured galleries section avaialble for current pictures.) Anyway, what I'm trying to do is keep things organized, but have certain selected galleries available for direct see-it-and-click-it viewing without having to go fishing through galleries for them.

John

rsinmadrid wrote:
    Try using featured galleries. That might help.

Cheers,